Wanted - Friends to share my Journey with..............

Options
lucycaz
lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
Hi Everyone

Today is the day, well at least last Wednesday was the day, when I made the decision that I was serious about losing weight this time. I sat myself down, gave myself a good old fashioned talking too and decided it was now or never and I could not go on convincing myself that I was happy with how things were, that being overweight did not have any impact on my life.

Don’t get me wrong I am happy with my life I have a wonderful partner who is very supportive we have been together 6 years and last year had our civil partnership. I love my job as a Nurse Manager is a small mental health hospital I manage a great team and although often stressful I look forward to work every day.

And there perhaps lies the problem I am the happiest I have ever been and now want more, we love to travel and I have been becoming ever more aware of the things that my weight restricts us from doing. I used to enjoy horseback riding, skiing and sailing and want to get back to doing these things plus loads more.

So here I am.......

I am currently 324lbs (already 2 lbs lighter than when I started)

I would love to make some friends on MFP to share the good times and the tough times, the funny moments and those where we just want to cry....

I love the forums and have started to swap my face book addiction to a MFP addiction so get in touch add me as a friend and let’s do this..... I will also be working on entries on my blog, this is intended to keep me motivated and I am sure may provide a source of laughter and hopefully some inspiration for others out there like me on a journey to change.....

Lucy

Replies

• silveryflutterby
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! We are happy to have you. This is an amazing site full of so many supportive ppl! Feel free to add me! :)
  • texaslady9376
    Options
    welcome. just started myself..xoxo
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me, please. I horseback ride, too.
  • Marthie
    Marthie Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Lucy

Thanks for posting - I need a friend too and would love to share this journey with you as I am in the same boat and need all the help and encouragement I can gel. Please stay in touch.

Marthie.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Add me if yo like I too just started on mfp and would like pple to share the ups and downs of weight loss with
  • shaunacaddell
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a little over 2 months and do not have any friends. It would be nice to have some friends that I could share with. I can talk to people I know about my weight loss, but they don't understand like someone who is actually going through it.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy,
    Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm here every day logging everything! I've been here since January and have lost 21lbs so far.

Good luck!

Sue
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Good Luck..add if you would like..
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love the forums and have started to swap my face book addiction to a MFP addiction so get in touch add me as a friend and let’s do this.....]

-me too!!!
  • miss_dreamer
    miss_dreamer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just joined 4 days ago :) And i used to horse ride, i do miss it and it's one of the things i want to get back into when i lose some weight. ^^
  • frainfam
    frainfam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will add you now :D
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    same here with the MFP addiction! I wish you luck - your head sounds like its in the right place and thats the first step!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a good choice for your help. we are here for you so feel free to add me.

:-)
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi, I've sent you a friend request. Good Luck with your journey :smile:
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me too! I am loving this site.. everyone is SO inspiring and very, very helpful and supportive. I've lost 5 lbs so far and I've been at it for 10 or so days... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • Jackee357
    Jackee357 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi Lucy!
    Wecolme to MFP! I started my journey 2 mths ago & have lost 13lbs. I love this website & the ppl on it, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey I too started my weight loss journey in January 2011 and so far I have lost 21lbs...there are some days that are really good and then some that are really bad...but if I mess up on one meal I hop back on then next...the same with days!!!

Just keep going...I have been overweight all of my life and it will take me a long time to lose the weight but I have changed te way I eat so it is a learning process so it will take time!!

Please feel free to add me because I need friends on my journey also!!
    We can all be here for each other!!!
    I have found some really nice people on MFP and they keep me motivated!!!

NEVER NEVER give up...that's my moto!!!

I also have a support group for ladies only and they do a 3 month session at a time...I am now on the 2nd 3 month session...my goal is to lose at least 25lbs this session...my goals are small...small steps are the key!!

:flowerforyou:
  • lizzie0926
    lizzie0926 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined today and feel the same way. I know I would be happier if I lost weight. I'm sick of being embarrassed to be out with my children, not having any clothes to wear and generally feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I am happy with my family but I know my weight is holding me back from so much more. Good luck on your journey:)

7354789.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sushilicious
    Options
    Add me if you want! -- Also joined today, friends would be nice to keep my lazy self motivated and/or help others. g'luck on your journey (everyone else's too)! ;>
  • helenr32
    helenr32 Posts: 15
    Options
    And I just joined this week too!! Also looking for people to connect with . . . .