Real name vs. Screen name?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Real name is Stephen.

Everyone assumes its Alec.

This reminds me of a movie from the 80's "I know my first name is Steven" lol

My name is Angela -just like many other women born in the mid Seventies.

• hlo9603
    hlo9603 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good to meet all of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend on MFP. :)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Some people call me....Tim.
  • deathbybunny
    deathbybunny Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Evey
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was obsessed with the game Bioshock Infinite when I joined mfp, and one of the characters in that is an awesome giant, metal, steampunk-looking bird (named Songbird) which inspired my username. My real name is Laura.
  • hlo9603
    Options
    I was obsessed with the game Bioshock Infinite when I joined mfp, and one of the characters in that is an awesome giant, metal, steampunk-looking bird (named Songbird) which inspired my username. My real name is Laura.
    That's awesome! I appreciate the reasoning behind your username. Mine is pretty boring. First three letters are the first letter of my first, middle and last name and the numbers are the month, day and year I got married.

• theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I dont even use my real name in my off web life. Everyone just knows me as Lee. Even in the shows I perform in, its Lee. Single mom 37 with 2 teen kids. We all work in theatre and film.( Family in plays together,stays together) Been working on my weight so I m not always the funny fat girl side kick in shows.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My name is Chris, and I feel I've heard far too many times that "it's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity" or some variation. I know it's the humidity that's the bad part. I know it's not so bad if it's a dry heat like in Colorado. I know you sweat more when it's humid outside and that makes it more uncomfortable. I find it more funny than annoying, though; I'm not that much of a grouch.

So eventually this became sort of a joke between me and my friends, and now it's my screen name for a bunch of things because, well, why not?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My real name is Karen. My middle name is Elizabeth. I have used my childish version of my middle name as a screen name many times but usually I prefer just Wizzy, but apparently when I signed up, Wizzy was taken. When I was little I always said my first and middle name (middle name after a pause) when people would ask me my name. My name is Karen. Wizzabeff. LOL

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    My real name is pretty easy to guess...this is the second username I've had on here and I don't know why I stupidly changed it to my almost-full name. But now I can't change it again.

(If you contact TPTB, they'll almost certainly let you change it...

...because having your real name (or something really close to it) as your username is generally known as a Very Bad Idea™. I'd start with a PM to Olivia.)

Meanwhile, my real name is jofjltncb6. My parents had a sick sense of humor.
  • hlo9603
    Options
    I dont even use my real name in my off web life. Everyone just knows me as Lee. Even in the shows I perform in, its Lee. Single mom 37 with 2 teen kids. We all work in theatre and film.( Family in plays together,stays together) Been working on my weight so I m not always the funny fat girl side kick in shows.

Awesome! My middle name is Lee! I used to go by Lee in HS just to be different becuz well everyone and their mother is named Heather! I should have been named Brianna, according to my mother, which is the female version of my dad's name, Bryan, but at the last minute she switched it to Heather.
  • hlo9603
    Options
    My name is Chris, and I feel I've heard far too many times that "it's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity" or some variation. I know it's the humidity that's the bad part. I know it's not so bad if it's a dry heat like in Colorado. I know you sweat more when it's humid outside and that makes it more uncomfortable. I find it more funny than annoying, though; I'm not that much of a grouch.

So eventually this became sort of a joke between me and my friends, and now it's my screen name for a bunch of things because, well, why not?
    That's pretty neat! Thanks for sharing!
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, my name is Patricia however my screen name is a combination of my last name single and married name. I was bored one day and started playing with it lol
  • hlo9603
    Options
    pibaiz wrote: »
    hello everyone, my name is Patricia however my screen name is a combination of my last name single and married name. I was bored one day and started playing with it lol

Everyone has different reasonings behind their screen names and that's what makes it so cool!!
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I missed the memo. :neutral_face:

My name is Eshani
  • missjuliaamyemms
    missjuliaamyemms Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My username is my real name, i always forget my usernames if i dont use my own name hahaha.
  • hlo9603
    Options
    Umm.. I missed the memo. :neutral_face:

My name is Eshani

That's a beautiful name!!
  • hlo9603
    Options
    My username is my real name, i always forget my usernames if i dont use my own name hahaha.

Hahahha! I totally understand that!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My screen name is my roller derby name.

HA! Love it
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Miranda. The story is, my blood sugar went up, so my weight had to go down! Now I count calories and work myself half to death in the gym on the regular lol.