Super Bowl Food... Looking for ideas (healthy but oh so good)

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I was going to second the wings done in the oven, at high heat (425), I just put a little salt and pepper on them, then toss them in the Frank's sauce with butter after baking when they are nice and crispy. I've also made jerk chicken wings with mango salsa which are also really tasty.

Another favorite superbowl food is bacon wrapped little smokies with brown sugar - baked till nice and crispy. We call those "meat candy". :)

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    RIBS, WINGS, CHILI, AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BOOZE.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Emily Bites got mentioned, but I thought a direct link to the "Cupcakes" section might be helpful. The taco cupcakes are frikkin awesome. http://www.emilybites.com/category/main-course-muffinscupcakes
  • bdawg317
    bdawg317 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    These wings are baked, and this is one of the best marinades I've used, and you don't even need butter; pretty clean recipe:
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-wings-al-pastor.html?ref=gameday
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out www.skinnytaste.com - I've made several recipes from that website and they've all been delicious and didn't seem like "healthy foods" at all. It also has a section specifically for Super Bowl snacks - just lightened up versions of traditional snacks. There's one on there called Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites or something along those lines that looks delicious.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Make up some kabobs, chicken sausages, cream cheese stuffed celery, deviled eggs, buffalo chicken dip,. All these items are pretty simple, tasty and easily can be lightened up.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Chicken kabobs. Instead of seasoning I brush the chicken in a mix of 2/3 light ranch dressing and 1/3 a1 steak sauce. Toss them on the grill for about 8 minutes per side and they're done. Really good with veggies like bell pepper too.
  • hrubner
    hrubner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zucchini pizza. Slice zucchini. Put a little olive oil on rounds and broil for couple minutes to cook them a little so they're not hard. Top with a dab of pizza/pasta sauce. I add spinach leaf, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, and feta cheese for a Greek style pizza. Broil again for few more minutes until cooked. Low calorie and healthy alternative!
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the chili!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We're doing subs - meatball subs, Dagwood subs, and egg salad subs. Along with guac and baked chips, hummus, veggies, crackers, cheese and meat, and beer.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm making homemade guacamole, turkey meatballs and stuffed mushrooms. We'll also serve some yummy sandwiches from Italian deli (eggplant & mozzarella and also turkey with honey mustard). And the usual crudite :-)