Under Calories

Options
I'm currently at a 1350 calorie limit; I eat all 3 meals a day, with some snacking in between.

I keep falling short of my calorie count, and I'm trying to figure out ways to make even. I'm not working out at the moment because this is just my second day, so maybe my calories will be even in time once I'm burning more and consuming more to replenish?

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Once you start working out, you will get hungry lots. Try to eat the 1350 if you can but break it up between meals including snacks. Eat lots protein as well.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense food.

Avocado
    Nuts and seeds
    Nut butters
    Olive oil/butter
    Full fat dairy
    Full fat dressings
    Red meat

You had no problem eating more before, so there should be no problem eating to goal now.

I would also look into raising your calorie goal to TDEE-20%. Even without working out, you should be able to consume more than that. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • jevflores
    Options
    I didn't have a problem eating more before, actually. My weight isn't due to how much I eat, but my nutritionist suggested a calorie plan to keep myself in check anyway.

I just used that formula and it came out with way more than what my Nutritionist prescribed for me. I will snack more in between meals with healthy foods.

Thanks
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    have you tried smoothies w protein in them? fresh fruit, some ice, 1/2 cup water and 1 scoop of whey protein (depending on the fruit you may need a back of stevia) blend and enjoy.....that will get some extra calories into your day. I know others that have add peanut butter and banana in their smoothie. Can you add small snacks to your day to help increase your calories?
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to be a short term diet or something for you to follow long term? I think you will find here on the forum, more calories are recommended because many people struggle with long term adherence to a "diet" that is too restrictive in calories, types of food, etc. Add healthy fats as recommended before. Instead of steaming your vegetables, sautee them in olive oil. Add ground flaxseed to your smoothies, rice etc.
    I didn't have a problem eating more before, actually. My weight isn't due to how much I eat, but my nutritionist suggested a calorie plan to keep myself in check anyway.

I just used that formula and it came out with way more than what my Nutritionist prescribed for me. I will snack more in between meals with healthy foods.

Thanks

• jevflores
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be a short term diet or something for you to follow long term? I think you will find here on the forum, more calories are recommended because many people struggle with long term adherence to a "diet" that is too restrictive in calories, types of food, etc. Add healthy fats as recommended before. Instead of steaming your vegetables, sautee them in olive oil. Add ground flaxseed to your smoothies, rice etc.

Thanks

Well I am losing weight because I am trying to conceive. I have just started fertility treatment which tends to trigger hunger, and I think that is the reason I was given a calorie limit to follow. I also have Ulcerative Colitis with markers for Crohn's disease, so my weight has always been a flip flop thing without intention; some foods vary on days if they bother me or not.

Both having appetite and none are things I deal with on a daily basis, and lately by the time I finish working out I am way under calories. I just want to be a good amount under or at my goal, to make sure my body doesn't save anything extra as "back up fat" as if I'm starving myself and to maintain a healthy amount of nutrients
  • jevflores
    Options
    have you tried smoothies w protein in them? fresh fruit, some ice, 1/2 cup water and 1 scoop of whey protein (depending on the fruit you may need a back of stevia) blend and enjoy.....that will get some extra calories into your day. I know others that have add peanut butter and banana in their smoothie. Can you add small snacks to your day to help increase your calories?

I have been doing that the last few days and it's been getting better :) I love peanut butter. I just have to avoid a lot of sugars. I spend a lot of time trying to plan meals ahead of time so that I eat enough, have enough sugars without going over and avoid trans fat/partially hydrogenated oils.