Quest Bars

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Has anyone risked their wallet and taste buds on the peanut butter & jelly flavor?

I'm having that one today! I'll let you know how it is!
  • iamnotvoldemort
    iamnotvoldemort Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 of them today at GNC. Pricey, but mine had a buy 3 get 1 free promotion going on, so it wasn't so bad. Bought the smores, chocolate brownie, cookies and cream, and cookie dough. Tried the chocolate brownie and it tasted okay (as much like a brownie as a protein bar can get). Will probably microwave the rest because there was definitely some chewiness issues and not wanting to finish it because of that.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    There's only one flavor I like (cookies and cream), and it has to be heated in the microwave for me to eat. All the other ones I find really gross - and I just cannot do the aftertaste.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    My current favs are choc chip cookie dough, cookies and cream and vanill almond crunch. Went through phases where I liked choc chunk, strawberry cheesecake and raspberry white choc. Don't like apple pie, brownie or any of the peanut butter ones
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I know. I love peanut butter but their peanut butter flavors kind of suck. I'm in love with CCCD though. I eat one every day. The smores would be better without the aspartame after taste. Cookies and cream is good too.
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love most of the quest bars, there are a few that I don't care for though.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    nikkohli wrote: »
    I didn't like the PB one either--I think that is the worst. The apple pie and the vanilla almond crunch are really tasty.

Oh wow. You are the ONLY other person on the planet I've found who likes the "apple" "pie" ones. (I am a sucker for artificial apple flavoring. It's a problem.) High five!

I eagerly await the PB&J reviews.
  • arditarose
    Options
    nikkohli wrote: »
    I didn't like the PB one either--I think that is the worst. The apple pie and the vanilla almond crunch are really tasty.

Oh wow. You are the ONLY other person on the planet I've found who likes the "apple" "pie" ones. (I am a sucker for artificial apple flavoring. It's a problem.) High five!

I eagerly await the PB&J reviews.

I didn't like the PB&J.

I rave about Quest bars all the time but I guess I only really love a couple flavors. I think the CCCD is so good I don't need any others.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the cookies n cream or the cookie dough. The others are vile.

I like Think Thin chocolate fudge. They're the only protein bars that I actually enjoy.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's 30 cents of whey protein, 10 cents of fiber, and completely inedible without being warmed up.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM! Favourite flavour is raspberry and white chocolate. literally chunks of the white chocolate in it... but I usually only have half at a time because they are very filling.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I LOVE THEM! Favourite flavour is raspberry and white chocolate. literally chunks of the white chocolate in it... but I usually only have half at a time because they are very filling.

Really? I feel like I could eat two at once ha.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I love the raspberry and white chocolate ones!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I use to love Quest bars but had to stop eating them because they made me bloat + stinky farts. Too many fake fibers.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    They're basically just candy bars with some artificial whey protein. I'd rather have a piece of grilled chicken, personally.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Really? I feel like I could eat two at once ha.

Definitely! ! Me too. Much better than a snickers
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    They're basically just candy bars with some artificial whey protein.

Exactly! Magic.

• arditarose
    Options
    They're basically just candy bars with some artificial whey protein.

Exactly! Magic.

Right?
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    They're basically just candy bars with some artificial whey protein. I'd rather have a piece of grilled chicken, personally.
    Ya but when your driving, on a plane, at the gym/school. It's just easier have a bar in your pocket rather than a chicken breast and that's what the intention of them is. There for convenience and nothing else.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

But chicken isn't sweet. And doesn't have fiber.
    arditarose wrote: »
    I know. I love peanut butter but their peanut butter flavors kind of suck. I'm in love with CCCD though. I eat one every day. The smores would be better without the aspartame after taste. Cookies and cream is good too.

Which is funny considering that the S'mores doesn't have aspartame (sorry... NutriSweet?) in it, but Stevia (which is the same as the chocolate chip cookie dough one).