Myfitnesspal with Jawbone up activity tracker friends needed

Options
Hi all,

Ive recently joined MFP and ive also brought a Jawbone activity tracker to encourage me to do more exercise. Which its working as im hitting the over 10,000 steps per day. But I really want to keep this all up.

Is there anyone out there who uses both the Jawbone and my fitness pal and also needs some encouragement?

I want to lose 2 stone this year and I know I can do it, so far I have lost a stone since this November which is not including my new goal of 2 stone.

I would also like to encourage others in our new lifestyle for happier selves :)

Replies

• clairebeaven
    clairebeaven Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use both just started with my Up24 a couple of weeks ago, but really like the way it tracks my steps and my sleep, and the link with MFP.

I have about 5 stone too loose, so far lost a stone since 1st Jan.

I am also doing the dry Jan this month which is helping and have booked myself on a boot camp in May to keep me motivated until the summer.
    Also trying to go sugar free (apart from fruit).

Hope we can help support each other. :)
  • welshnet
    Options
    Aww that's really good! Well done for what you have achieved so far! I'm not sure how to add people on the up app but I think it would be encouragement if your up for it :-D.

Your dedicated to cut down on alot of things, I've tried to cut down on sugar and eat more fruit. My problem.is chocolate ha i wish I didn't like it so much.
  • franlynn45
    Options
    This is so cool! I believe it works for me at a good pace.
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do you like your Jawbone UP? I have been thinking of buying the Jawbone UP3
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add you from the app, but I will be using my Jawbone just as soon as it's delivered. Can't wait to try it out, I'm hoping it motivates me to keep moving!
  • possingk
    possingk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have a Jawbone up24 that I wear for a work challenge. I am looking to lose a little over a stone (20 lbs) from where I am right now. Jawbone username is Keith Possinger I am assuming Jawbone will let us team up across the pond.
  • franlynn45
    Options
    welshnet wrote: »
    Aww that's really good! Well done for what you have achieved so far! I'm not sure how to add people on the up app but I think it would be encouragement if your up for it :-D.

Your dedicated to cut down on alot of things, I've tried to cut down on sugar and eat more fruit. My problem.is chocolate ha i wish I didn't like it so much.
    ImDowner wrote: »
    I don't know how to add you from the app, but I will be using my Jawbone just as soon as it's delivered. Can't wait to try it out, I'm hoping it motivates me to keep moving!

• franlynn45
    Options
    Hi, new and struggling especially at night. I like this app it helps me pay attention.
  • welshnet
    Options
    I live my jawbone, it keeps me on track and it gives you incentives to push yourself. Yesterday I did 13, 000 steps just so I could beat my target. It can get slightly addictive. Add me my app name is Lynette spencer :-)