Eating at College Advice -- Sodexo

Options
Does anyone else go to a college whose dining is run by Sodexo? If so, does anyone know how accurate Sodexo's nutrition is on MFP?

It's extremely hard to figure out accurate Subconnection nutrition, I've found, but if anyone has any tips and tricks for figuring out Sodexo nutrition, it'd be awesome to hear it!

Replies

• shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The hospital I work at uses Sodexo. I can't comment on the nutrition facts and their accuracy. I would suggest sticking to the salad bar (but be careful of the dressings) and anything prepackaged. Even the hot vegetables that they serve are covered in butter and salt.

When I was in college I would often make a salad with all vegetables (none of the fatty extras) and put a chicken patty or other protein available on top. Breakfast was always the hardest for me. I ended up just not going to the dining hall. I would eat a piece of fruit and a granola bar and save the calories for beer.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I also work in a hospital that uses Sodexo. They post the NI at the counter, & have barcodes so I can scan it. Try to look for the entries without the * in front of it when looking in MFP-- those are user entered entries. My biggest issue is the serving size, as the servers tend to be over generous, & I have to get them to not give me so much (If it's on my plate, I want to eat it!)
  • mikaelakosich
    mikaelakosich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My school uses sodexo. Some things I'm pretty sure are lies, but in general if it seems believable I trust it.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    The hospital I work at uses Sodexo. I can't comment on the nutrition facts and their accuracy. I would suggest sticking to the salad bar (but be careful of the dressings) and anything prepackaged. Even the hot vegetables that they serve are covered in butter and salt.

When I was in college I would often make a salad with all vegetables (none of the fatty extras) and put a chicken patty or other protein available on top. Breakfast was always the hardest for me. I ended up just not going to the dining hall. I would eat a piece of fruit and a granola bar and save the calories for beer.

Maybe at the hospital but it's not true everywhere.
    My college uses Sodexo and I worked for them for 3 years when I was at school, in the dish room and as a caterer.
    The veggies were had were huge bags of frozen veggies boiled. Sometimes there would be sauces on it but you could almost ALWAYS ask for plain veggies from one of the cooks if you were willing to wait. They did it for me all the time on bacon burger Tuesdays since I don't eat pork, I'd just wait for the next batch without the bacon.