30 days, all logging, no weighing!

Options
Today i've decided to embark on my own 30 day challenge of logging every day, sticking to my calorie intake and not weighing myself until 1st March. I want to focus on eating well and getting out of bad habits rather than worrying about what the scale says each day. I'm putting this up to make me more accountable and if anyone wants to join me in this challenge you are more than welcome.

Replies

• Mrs_Mac27
    Mrs_Mac27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I need to do as well! I'm a slave to that darn scale....
  • mcloughlins
    mcloughlins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jennycully wrote: »
    Today i've decided to embark on my own 30 day challenge of logging every day, sticking to my calorie intake and not weighing myself until 1st March. I want to focus on eating well and getting out of bad habits rather than worrying about what the scale says each day. I'm putting this up to make me more accountable and if anyone wants to join me in this challenge you are more than welcome.

Good for you! best not to weigh frequently.
  • jennycully
    jennycully Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I'm afraid I have a dreadful co-dependent relationship with my scales at the moment so I don't think I could do this challenge. Will be interested to see your results though.
  • jennycully
    Options
    Yes thanks, I'm a bit that way as well. But I'll give it a go and post my result on this thread come 1st March.

• corkienee
    corkienee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily now, so this sounds awful, was wondering how often you weigh to make you want to do this?
  • jennycully
    Options
    corkienee wrote: »
    I weigh daily now, so this sounds awful, was wondering how often you weigh to make you want to do this?

Just daily corkienee but want to focus more on the good food and not the scale.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll start Feb 1st:)
  • jennycully
    Options
    I'm in! I'll start Feb 1st:)

Awesome, that's great :)
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My scale and I are in what I believe is termed "an unhealthy relationship," haha. I think I'm going to try this! As a daily weigher, I'm not sure if I can make it a whole month, but I certainly want to try!
  • jennycully
    Options
    My scale and I are in what I believe is termed "an unhealthy relationship," haha. I think I'm going to try this! As a daily weigher, I'm not sure if I can make it a whole month, but I certainly want to try!

Good on you Bronzeambition, you have my support. I'll give feedback each week on how I'm finding it / feeling, hopefully a bit more energetic :)
  • Rodax74
    Rodax74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this,,,, but I dont think I can! Lol
  • jennycully
    Options
    Rodax74 wrote: »
    I would like to try this,,,, but I dont think I can! Lol
    That's fine Rodax74, will see how I go, so far so good but it's only day 2, kind of like giving up chocolate I guess, the first few days are hard but after a week I think it will be easier :)

• intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'll join :) was going to wait until Valentine's Day, but I think I can make it 'til March 1st (maybe!!) lol
  • jennycully
    Options
    I love it! I'll join :) was going to wait until Valentine's Day, but I think I can make it 'til March 1st (maybe!!) lol
    Awesome intrigame23, it's great to have other people doing it with me - will keep me honest :)
  • camerondporter
    camerondporter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • Tealbutterfly913
    Tealbutterfly913 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The scale always gets me and I start to get disappointed that I'm not losing. I just need to focus on getting healthy and toned not numbers. :)
  • kitsilana
    kitsilana Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I'm 2 weeks into a 'no-weigh zone' and I love the freedom!

I love eating clean anyway, and I'm enjoying the bit of added exercise. I'm feeling stronger and have lots of energy. I know I'm eating right, I can deal with the dullness of logging... but not when the scale stands still for weeks at a time.
  • jennycully
    Options
    I'm in! The scale always gets me and I start to get disappointed that I'm not losing. I just need to focus on getting healthy and toned not numbers. :)

Yes, that's how I feel Tealbutterfly913. Good luck :)
  • jennycully
    Options
    kitsilana wrote: »
    This is a great idea. I'm 2 weeks into a 'no-weigh zone' and I love the freedom!

I love eating clean anyway, and I'm enjoying the bit of added exercise. I'm feeling stronger and have lots of energy. I know I'm eating right, I can deal with the dullness of logging... but not when the scale stands still for weeks at a time.

Well done kitsilana, sounds like you're doing great. Let me know how you get on after a month. I've never tried clean eating before. Maybe that will be my next challenge.