Overate today by 1500 calories.

Options
How do I recover from this? Excercise for the next two hours before bed? Just forget about it? Learn and move on? Help!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Learn, log, and move on. Depending on what your deficit is set to, it'll probably just make your loss for the week smaller.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I would log it in the diary and maybe do some exercise if your stomach can handle it, but don't overdo it just to burn off the calories. Try to make up for it over the next few days/week (ie reducing your daily calories slightly or moving a little more than usual). I've found that sometimes trying to make it up all in a day can be painful and slightly disordered, not to mention hard.

Good luck, and try to evaluate yourself. Sometimes there's no logical reason for overeating other than food is good (nothing wrong with that! Food is delicious and should be enjoyed). I've found that sometimes I overeat if I go hungry for too long, or maybe the cause was emotionally charged. Either way, maybe you could evaluate it and try to prevent it from happening again
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Yep... eat, log, and move on. Learn. We're not going to always be perfect. We trip, we fall, get up, and dust ourselves off and keep moving forward. :flowerforyou:
  • wontonsoupandgnarlypoops
    Options
    Awww. You guys are so nice. It's hard not to beat yourself up over it. I just went overboard on the snacking and I kept going because I wasn't full. Oh well. Live and learn, right?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    How do I recover from this? Excercise for the next two hours before bed? Just forget about it? Learn and move on? Help!

What's your calorie goal & how much you're looking to lose? Could it be possible that you're eating too little calories & that's why you binged?

Sometimes when I have a binge I'll either just forget about making up for it or I'll eat a little less the next few days to make up for it. I usually eat around 2,000-2,200 so it doesn't limit my calories too much. If you're only eating around 1,200 or close to that then I would do the first option & just forget about it & try to do better the next day.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't let it 1) discourage you into giving up or 2) embolden you to over-eat again.... Been there, done that, bought the XXXL Tshirt....
    :) Forgive yourself, log it, and eat less tomorrow. You may not even be as hungry tomorrow as you normally are. :)
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Awww. You guys are so nice. It's hard not to beat yourself up over it. I just went overboard on the snacking and I kept going because I wasn't full. Oh well. Live and learn, right?
    Yep, that's exactly right. Be kind to yourself :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Meh, I do that from time to time. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Do better more days than you don't and you will lose weight. Chin up........get moving.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I overate today by about 1,000 calories.

The wonderful thing about counting calories is that it isn't a "get it right or die" situation. I overate by 1,000 calories? For the next couple of days, I'll undereat by 100 calories. It'll work itself out.

I just know that I'm not overeating by 1,000 every day, because I weigh and log everything. Knowing what I'm eating gives me the power to have a +1,000 calorie day and not think one whit about it.

WINNER!

Yay calorie counting!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just move on .. I did it on occasion in my journey. Guess what happened .. nothing and I still made my weight loss goal with no problem. And I did have some monumental days of being over. If there is one thing that people here should learn (hopefully from day 1) .. is that you will not explode and die if you go over. Do you NOT need to under eat in the following days to compensate ... absolutely no. That just leads to a bad relationship with food and a lot of stress. Really .. unless you do it consistently and to a great degree, it is very unlikely you would ever notice.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I would log it and not stress about it, it's one day out of many. I WOULD however spend a little time logging in the notes section some thoughts on the day.

Was it hormonal PMS eating.... what it emotional.... what was going on that might have triggered it.

It helps me see trends that I never realized before logging.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It happens! Just move on.