getting sick of the obsession...

Options
2»

Replies

• theresaaugello
    Options
    I have been counting calories for a little over a year now....and I love it!

I feel empowered to be in control of what I'm eating and knowing that I have my life in order as far as my food goes.

I also know how to "eyeball" food now as well. Don't let it get to you! Have fun and look at the bright side!

Good luck and happy mother's day to all of you moms!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AuntRedRobi
    AuntRedRobi Posts: 14
    Options
    I worked for Olive Garden for several years. Ask the host to bring you a lunch menu instead and then ask your server to have the line box up half of your entree before he/she brings it to the table, watch the breadsticks and keep away from the obvious pitfalls. Enjoy the time spent with your daughter, don't stress the scale. If the weather permits, add a trip to the park as part of your Mother's Day outting. My boyfriend and i have already come to the conclusion that this is totally obssessive for us, but we aren't feeling oppressed by it - i'm sure that day will come at some point, but we will work through it! I know you will too!
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, when I look at food I no longer see how it tastes. I see how many calories it contains. It's enough to drive you crazy at times.
  • smileybsa83
    smileybsa83 Posts: 16
    Options
    I was feeling this way as well. So I took a few days off. Not off eating properly, just off obsessing about logging it and making sure I'm under. I'm still making sure to make smarter decisions, and making sure that I'm eating more slowly and stopping when I'm full (which has been my major downfall all my life).

I find that it's easier, for me at least, to keep at it long term if I give myself a break from logging everthing that goes in my mouth once in a while. Makes it less daunting, and keeps me focused. I don't want to have to log all food forever, so it's also a good gauge on my progress to see if I can be responsible when I don't have to answer for my log.

Good luck!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I was feeling this way as well. So I took a few days off. Not off eating properly, just off obsessing about logging it and making sure I'm under. I'm still making sure to make smarter decisions, and making sure that I'm eating more slowly and stopping when I'm full (which has been my major downfall all my life).

I find that it's easier, for me at least, to keep at it long term if I give myself a break from logging everthing that goes in my mouth once in a while. Makes it less daunting, and keeps me focused. I don't want to have to log all food forever, so it's also a good gauge on my progress to see if I can be responsible when I don't have to answer for my log.

Good luck!

Good response. I have only been here 4 weeks tomorrow, but I am slowly learning by logging my food what a correct portion looks like. I have always been one that if it is on the plate I eat it and we all know what portion sizes come with dining out. For the time being logging is important to me. I hope one day to visualize my meal size and learn to listen to my stomach and stop when I am full whether there is food left on the plate or not and not have to log every single meal. But for now I need this structure as I have had such poor eating habits over the years it will not reverse itself overnight.
    I agree if it gets to you like that take a couple of days off from logging.
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    You are so speaking my language today. I'm feeling exactly the same way.

I was in the UK for two weeks, and didn't log at all, food or exercise. I still managed to lose another couple of pounds, but since coming home a few days ago, I literally want nothing to do with logging food - which is strange since I've been pretty much religious about it since October. I'm now at my original goal weight (I made a new goal of another five pounds :P ) and am struggling to figure out what to do from here.

It doesn't help that I'm still jet-lagged and lonely for London (I lived there for two years) and all I want to do is eat without worrying about it!

So frustrated.