5 feet tall ladies

Options

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    5'0", currently 135 lbs. I don't really have a firm goal weight. I have 115 lbs in mind, but I really have a target bf%. I would like to get below 25% bf by the summer, and hopefully eventually maintain as close to 20% as possible.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    oops, double post
  • infomancer
    infomancer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and 5' tall. My goal weight is 117, but I'm really happy with my current progress (started at 151 and am down to 123) and am not really fussed by those last 6 pounds.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" (that .5 is important! :D ) and I'm thinking around 125-130. I'm older and rather well-endowed and have been that weight before.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I was about 7st 2 (100lbs) in my profile picture- so I'd like to be back to that. I'd happily weigh more on the scale if it was made up of muscle and not fat though.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    5', started at 183, currently fatassing it up at 160-ish but aiming for 105ugw or whatever looks/feels right, could be lower or higher tbh, idk.
  • chickpeamfp
    chickpeamfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5', started at 140, now at 133, goal weight would be 120, but very slow going!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.5" (that half inch is important) - aka 151 cm

My initial goal weight was 125 but I'm actually rethinking that as I'm only 20 lbs away from that now and I think I might decide to go lower. As of now, I've lowered my goal weight to 120, but it really depends on your body composition. I don't have a lot of muscle. If you do, you might weigh more, but look thinner.

Good luck!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    45yr, 157cm (5' 1 1/2''),
    SW - 86kg 189lb
    CW - 58kg 128lb
    GW - 54-55kg 120

BMI atm is 23.5. Taking my time with those last few Kilos and have been maintaining between 57-58kg since May.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the Shorties!
    (honestly, none of my tall friends can relate)

@mirrim:
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    5'0", currently 135 lbs. I don't really have a firm goal weight. I have 115 lbs in mind, but I really have a target bf%. I would like to get below 25% bf by the summer, and hopefully eventually maintain as close to 20% as possible.

^^Ditto.

Amanda:
    I'm 4'11" and CW = 124.
    Think I'm aiming for 114, but body fat is the main target.
    Guess CBF = 30%. GBF = 24% by summer.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    5' here, and in the "older" category. I have been on MFP for several years. Started at 142, lost to 134, sorta felt good at that weight. Maintained it for 1&1/2 years, then had several major stressors hit. Regained up to 162, more than I ever weighed, even when I was pregnant two different times. I have now lost 2 pounds. It is terribly slow going. Have a knee injury and haven't been able to exercise like I usually do. But I WILL get to my goal of 125 this time! Good luck to you!!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Off topic: --> help out another shortie:

Many of you on this thread seem to be young and assuming fashionable, maybe not yet married so still care about how you look to the opposite gender :).

I have a hot date with hubby tomorrow to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.
    DON'T ask how long we've been together (way longer).

--> WHAT do I wear?
    We just got 30+ inches of snow this week, and Boston is still digging out.

See my picture?
    That's the dress I was planning to wear, BUT then what shoes would I wear?

Planning to go to the North End (little Italy) to a great restaurant, then out to Mike's Pastry for some treats/espresso, and then down the block to the comedy show.
    WALKING!

Yup, can't be wearing my cute stilettos in 6inches of muck/melting/dirty snow.

--> So what's a girl to do?

(When we had our date in NYC in the summer: I wore walking shoes and changed to my gorgeous shoes right before we got to the restaurant and show.)

What could possibly look cute and sexy in the cold cold Winter?

I have these Sorels:
    742243-20131219062122-sorel-womens-rootbeer-snow-angel-winter-boots.jpg

I also have Uggs boots similar to this, but I know I'll twist an ankle on those North End cobblestones:
    Dark-Blue-Sheepskin-5-1-2-High-Heel-Womens-Short-Boots-108792-363606.jpg

Oy!
    Help.

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    5'1 and my goal is 125-128.
  • lennonluvr
    lennonluvr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    4'11' here and I am 34. CW 177 GW130. I started MFP 1/27/15. I will weigh in next week. I'm up for shortie friends.

Oh and I have no clue when it comes to fashion. I am no help.
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Off topic: --> help out another shortie:

Many of you on this thread seem to be young and assuming fashionable, maybe not yet married so still care about how you look to the opposite gender :).

I have a hot date with hubby tomorrow to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.
    DON'T ask how long we've been together (way longer).

--> WHAT do I wear?
    We just got 30+ inches of snow this week, and Boston is still digging out.

See my picture?
    That's the dress I was planning to wear, BUT then what shoes would I wear?

Planning to go to the North End (little Italy) to a great restaurant, then out to Mike's Pastry for some treats/espresso, and then down the block to the comedy show.
    WALKING!

Yup, can't be wearing my cute stilettos in 6inches of muck/melting/dirty snow.

--> So what's a girl to do?

(When we had our date in NYC in the summer: I wore walking shoes and changed to my gorgeous shoes right before we got to the restaurant and show.)

What could possibly look cute and sexy in the cold cold Winter?

I have these Sorels:
    742243-20131219062122-sorel-womens-rootbeer-snow-angel-winter-boots.jpg

I also have Uggs boots similar to this, but I know I'll twist an ankle on those North End cobblestones:
    Dark-Blue-Sheepskin-5-1-2-High-Heel-Womens-Short-Boots-108792-363606.jpg

Oy!
    Help.

Thanks,
    Amanda

Just wear your full outfit at home for your husband to appreciate the full effect. Then wear your boots for walking, changing into your heels in the ladies room of the restaurant. Then he can watch you looking all hot walking to the table. I lived in Minnesota for 7 years. Trust me, there is no other safe option.

p.s. You look great in the dress and congrats on the anniversary.

• Chris_thin_a
    Options
    I'm 5'2 my goal is 110 =)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    5'1, 100-105lb, 61yo.
    Put on 30 lb during menopause (2008), lost it, and have been maintaining at my current weight for over 5 years. This (100-105) is the weight I was from my late teens to 50 ish.

l370j6fvu46y.jpg

Wear the boots, carry your shoes in a shoe bag and change at the restaurant when you are taking off your coat, presuming there is a cloakroom at entry. If not duck into the ladies. Reverse on exit. Have a nice date, and next winter insist on a cab so you don't have to do the shoe juggling act.

Cheers, h.
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    5'1" - I'm at my goal weight of 109/110 but realised I need to either go further or just tone the hell up. :)
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" with a medium build. I got rid of my scale when I moved but I'm guessing I was at about 135 when I came back this time around (judging by how my clothes fit as compared tot he last time I weighed 135) and my goal is 127-130.

I've never been below 123 as an adult. So even though some calculators will tell me 117 is the optimal weight for me I'm not going to torture myself with that goal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Attosa, if you aren't doing some kind of weight bearing exercises at the moment, start.
    I have been doing nerd fitness for the past 3 months, and just started a bit of heavy lifting today.
    You may well find with a bit of body reshaping you won't want to lose more.
    I wish I had incorporated weights ( of any kind) consistently through out my weight loss. I wouldn't be struggling so hard now to retain and improve my LBM.
    Cheers, h.