When do you see results?

Options
I've been tracking food and exercise for 25 days now. I've pretty much always been under or at my calorie limit, set to see me lose 1 pound per week. I have a FitBit and walk 10000 steps or more per day. I'm not seeing results on the scale. Is this normal? My end of day log keeps telling me in 5 weeks I'll be a a certain weight but I don't seem to be getting there. Any advice?

Replies

• eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It can depend on how much you are trying to lose. As you get closer to ideal weight for your height, age, etc.. the weight lose is slow. However, I did have a similar experience to you where I worked hard and wasn't dropping weight. I looked at my sodium intake and my water intake. Sodium was high and water was low (I was doing 8 cups a day which is actually not enough. I now drink 12-14 cups a day). I reduced my sodium and increased my water, suddenly lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. It was all water retention.
  • juliejordan23
    juliejordan23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks eyecandyrayce! That is helpful and I'll try to up my water intake and watch my sodium. I hadn't thought of that.
  • kjglover2010
    kjglover2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It can depend on how much you are trying to lose. As you get closer to ideal weight for your height, age, etc.. the weight lose is slow. However, I did have a similar experience to you where I worked hard and wasn't dropping weight. I looked at my sodium intake and my water intake. Sodium was high and water was low (I was doing 8 cups a day which is actually not enough. I now drink 12-14 cups a day). I reduced my sodium and increased my water, suddenly lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. It was all water retention.

Must watch my sodium intake, although carbs are one of my weaknesses as well. Thanks for the tip.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I still go a little over on my sodium intake but I drink a lot of water and work out 4 days a week. It is a balancing act really. Your body loses sodium when you sweat and if you drink a lot water you can flush some of the sodium out. I usually allow myself to go over a little on the daily recommended sodium here on MFP on the days I work out to help restock what I lose from sweating.