How to stop to eating a lot of snacks in everyday

Options
:'( I'm back to here.
I ever trying to losing weight but it unsuccessful, now it's starting again, I really hope that work and I hope I can do it. My ex Goal is to losing 5kg(i'm 65kg) but now my weight is gained to 70kg then I hope to losing 10kg.
I ate a lot of dessert and snacks everyday, did everyone know how to stop it?

Replies

• mom2atw
    mom2atw Posts: 15
    Options
    I add cinnamon sticks to my water. It helps curb my sweet needs. But snacking isn't bad if you choose the right snacks. Snacking can be good for you. If you are a snacker - don't completely loose that. Use it.
    - I saw a documentary on Netflix that had the BEST advice. It said - do not deprive yourself all at once and go crazy. Baby steps. Add the good food in and crowd the bad stuff out.
    Add in more fruit. Add in raw nuts. Veggies. More water. And as you add in the good - it starts to crowd the bad out.

Be proud of each good choice. Focus on the positive choices you made. And slowly crowd out the bad ones.

Hope that helps.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think the easiest way to stop it is to log everything you're eating. Logging has a couple of effects.
    1. You know exactly what that snack is "costing" you. Think of you calorie goal each day as an allowance and food is how you're spending it. Everything you eat subtracts from that allowance. You get to make the choices how to spend it and decide if the snack your mind thinks you want is really worth it to you.
    2. You have to think about what you eat because if you eat it you have to log it. There's been plenty of times where I haven't eaten something because I didn't want to have to take the effort to add it to my diary.
    3. At the end of the day you can see exactly what you have left if you want a snack late at night. Rather than feeling guilty about a treat after dinner, if you saved enough calories you can have something nice and feel good about it.
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Logging has stopped me from over snacking. I don't want to log a sip of soda or go through the irritating process of weighing food if I'm not hungry. The other day I ate way to much in snacks and didn't have enough calories to have a good portion at dinner, and that SUCKED, so I now make the decision "If I eat this will I be hungry after dinner? Will I have to go over my calories for the day?" if the answer is yes then I wait it out. Drink some water. Have something healthier that won't cost as much in calories, etc. Brush your teeth, go do something else!
  • mellythurman
    mellythurman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try a sweet-healthy snack. Berries are sweet and contain good sugars for you. I like to munch on strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis. Just remember that there are good sweets for you that you can grow to love instead of binging on bad sugary foods. Stay positive and push yourself !
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am also a snacker. But find some healthy and low calorie snacks. My main snacks are apples, oranges, 100 calorie natural almond packs, beef jerky, and protein bars.

Good Luck!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a grazer. I have morning snack and afternoon snack. I am a bit of a grouch if the beast wakes. I just make sure that my calories for the day account for the snacks.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    get rid of all the junk,,, then there will be no junk in your trunk.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat five meals a day, this stops me snacking as i don't get hungry.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Be brutally honest with yourself about the calories in everything you eat.

Log all of your food.

Figure out which foods fill you up and which foods leave you feeling hungry. Eat more of the first kind and less of the second kind.

I do best eating every three or four hours, so I'm never in a position where I'm snacking.

Best of luck to you!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I second all the people who say to log everything to get an idea of what you are eating.

Also, I have a friend that just doesn't eat meals. She snacks all day long. She's lost 45 lbs over the past year by using MFP to keep her grazing within her calorie limit.

Personally, I just rarely eat snacks. I rather eat 3 good sized meals and log them. Otherwise every thing takes up too much time and thought.
  • gemmadoel
    gemmadoel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to snack and that's why im over weight because I would get so hungry by 3/4ish and would snack just before dinner, so now I have my lunch at 3 instead of 1 and its helped so much, iv lost 6lbs in 3 weeks!
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Try eating more filling meals. For breakfast lately I've thrown down on 1 banana mashed up with 2 tbsp peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon. I usually warm up the banana. It's not pretty, but it's a thick, sludgy mess that takes a bit to get through and I'm nowhere near hungry by the time lunch shows up.

EAT MORE FIBER!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I eat Low Carbohydrates and High Fat and never feel the need to snack. I have to remind myself to eat at meal time. which reminds me I am 2 hours late for lunch. Darn. Was cleaning and forgot about eating.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    when I started out a couple of years ago, it was a great benefit for me to basically plan my entire day out, including my snacks..what I was going to eat and pretty much when I was going to eat them.

snacking isn't inherently a bad thing...mindlessly snacking is. planning things out will help you be mindful and eventually, being mindful will just come naturally.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut out the snacks, just control what and how much and how often. Logging was the key, and an eye-opener to how many calories those snacks contain.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to cut out snacks as long as you are tracking intake. But I did find that cutting out all my snacking except for my evening snack has helped me. I prefer to be able to eat more at meals so that I will feel full (I don't feel full if I spread out my calories more).

Basically, remember that you will not actually starve to death in between meals. Our appetites are based on our habits. If you are used to eating at certain times, your appetite is expecting food at those times and will send you hunger signals. These are signals that are telling you that you should think about eating sometime soon. They are not a summons of "OMG eat something right now!!!". You can safely ignore them for a few hours.

If you're actually physically hungry, of course eat something. I'm not telling you to starve yourself, just don't respond to every little rumbling.

The first couple of days are the hardest, but it is possible to reset your hunger cues and change your appetite's schedule. Now, I don't get hungry until about 30 minutes before my meals. I like it that way.
  • marytyoung
    marytyoung Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Increase your water intake! Do whatever you need to do to make water more palatable to you. Drink 2 12 oz. glasses before you eat anything in the morning. And keep drinking through the day. It will help reduce snack cravings and greatly increase your regularity.

Best wishes.
    Mary
  • mmacleod68
    mmacleod68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar/sweets junkie...now when I crave something sweet I have a Fiber One brand 90 calorie brownie. They taste great and the added fiber is a plus! The first few days are hard but as the days go on your body will crave less sweets!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stop buying desserts and snacks. Go a little bit hungry. Enjoy the feeling of being lighter, and knowing you have the self control over immediate gratification, working towards a bigger goal.

Until you get that "mind shift", nothing will help you. Embrace being fat, because you will never lose weight unless you change.