FitBit Charge HR

Options
Hello All,

Just switched from UP24 to Charge HR and it seems that the Charge is giving me a much higher daily calorie burn than the UP was. As a result, my calorie adjustment in myfitnesspal is much higher. I'm afraid of over eating my calorie goals. Anybody else having this experience?

On the plus side, I wore both my Charge and my Polar HRM during my workout today and the readout was approximately the same.

Replies

• julie_past
    julie_past Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got the Charge HR last Saturday I had been using the Flex. Do you feel the heart rate monitoring has been pretty accurate so far?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It could definitely be that the Jawbone didn't have an HR monitor and that's why it didn't give you the calorie burn that you're showing now. There is still a margin of error, but I'd trust that the HRM and Charge HR are more accurate than the Jawbone. Just don't eat back 100% of your exercise calories.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    julie_past wrote: »
    I just got the Charge HR last Saturday I had been using the Flex. Do you feel the heart rate monitoring has been pretty accurate so far?

For normal activity and steady state cardio? Accurate enough.

For hiit, no.
  • Wills820
    Wills820 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    julie_past wrote: »

For normal activity and steady state cardio? Accurate enough.

For hiit, no.

Same exact experience. I have switched back to wearing my HR on a day to day basis, but taking it off (and using Polar HRM) at the gym.
  • alysme
    alysme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you checked it? If you flick to the heart rate the little heart beats in time to your pulse.
    Mine seems pretty close each time I check it.