Killer ab routine

Options
Hi does anyone have a killer ab routine to share ?
Iv been alternating between cable crunch 45kg x 15 3 set chair /hanging leg raises and air bicycle
And incline with 5 kg x 25 3 set crunches and flat leg raise
Would love some new ideas

Replies

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Looks to me that what you're doing is working pretty well!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you want your abs visible and ripped there is simply nothing better then 3x reps of fork put downs 3x table push backs.
    If you are wanting increased core strength then your current workout should do just fine. New idea would be adding planks
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Anyone got some good complementary back exercises?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options

Are you doing deadlifts or stiff-leg deadlifts? If not, start with those.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »

Are you doing deadlifts or stiff-leg deadlifts? If not, start with those.

Those are some good lifts for strengthening your lower back and just posterior chain in-general, very good to include one or the other.

All-around Core training options:
    - Back Raises on a 45-degree bench
    - Front Planks with Hip-Extension (iso-hold)
    - Superman (iso-hold)
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    If you want your abs visible and ripped there is simply nothing better then 3x reps of fork put downs 3x table push backs.

I about choked when I read this.......hilarious.

• 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good mornings are awesome for your back also pull-ups can't be beat, deads are great too but if you use wrong for you are done.
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For Abs. Ever do planks?
    Try planks for amap then do roll outs. Use a barbell with maybe a five lb on each side and just roll out to extend your arms and then back in to your body. Hard to explain.
    Anyway
    Do planks as long as possible straight into roll out for like five to ten reps. Then go back to planks. Do this for about five rounds. I love this and it helps keep my core strong for my heavy lifts.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a good slow tempo crunch for center abdominals and leg lifts for lowers. Uppers I general hit during my chest workout by doing dumbbell pullovers. Make sure you get maximum stretch and it'll hit your upper abdominals as well. Your obliques already seem pretty ripped. However, doing abs is not going to make them looked rip, it's cutting the subcutaneous fat away that will. They'll get enlarged and make it easier to see but cutting down body fat is the answer.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Try half levers (L-sits) on pushup stands and hold them in perfect form. You will burn. Work up to doing them on your hands.
  • alisonstory
    alisonstory Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • alisonstory
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Nothing beats a good slow tempo crunch for center abdominals and leg lifts for lowers. Uppers I general hit during my chest workout by doing dumbbell pullovers. Make sure you get maximum stretch and it'll hit your upper abdominals as well. Your obliques already seem pretty ripped. However, doing abs is not going to make them looked rip, it's cutting the subcutaneous fat away that will. They'll get enlarged and make it easier to see but cutting down body fat is the answer.

Thanks for your advice. It's good to try new things stops the boredom setting in.
    Just started bulking at the moment so my abs prob won't be popping for a while but good to get a strong core .
  • alisonstory
    Options
    For Abs. Ever do planks?
    Try planks for amap then do roll outs. Use a barbell with maybe a five lb on each side and just roll out to extend your arms and then back in to your body. Hard to explain.
    Anyway
    Do planks as long as possible straight into roll out for like five to ten reps. Then go back to planks. Do this for about five rounds. I love this and it helps keep my core strong for my heavy lifts.

Yeah I think planks would be good to slip into my routine. I have tried roll outs but find I get lower back pain which makes me stop before my abs feel it .
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    What you are doing is pretty good already. If you want to add some twisting motions in there then Russian twists and windshield wipers are good.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

She looks like she already has that concept down much better than you do my friend. Just saying....