What is your quitting limit

Options
mine so far is 2 weeks

Replies

• hye122725
    hye122725 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No matter how long I exercise or how well k eat I reach something which throws me off track after 2 weeks.
    Was wondering if anyone else has this problem if so how long do you last? And do you have any tips on consistency
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    One foot in front of the other. If you want this, you need to make it a habit.

Also, learn from your past mistakes. Maybe write down what messed you up last time and how you would move past it this time.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    hye122725 wrote: »
    No matter how long I exercise or how well k eat I reach something which throws me off track after 2 weeks.
    Was wondering if anyone else has this problem if so how long do you last? And do you have any tips on consistency

I don't think success is measured by how long it takes before you eat over your limit, but how you react to going over your limit.

Just shake it off and try again. Are you maybe being too restrictive in your diet? What are you reaching for?
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Don't think of of this as a limit or when you will quit. If you keep thinking...well I am coming up on 2 weeks, I will probably mess up...then you WILL. I did the same thing. 2 weeks in and I would mess up. Think of every day as Day 1 of your weight loss journey. Keep that excitement and focus as you have on day 1....and switch things up...if you do the same exercise all the time you mind and body get bored and you end up quitting. Switch things up every week. One week, go walking at the park. The next week, try biking. The following week, try swimming. As long as it is different...and each week...add a little more to it. If you walk 1 mile the first week, try for 2 the next week. If you do 1 mile the following week, add cardio to that mile. I do DVDs at home...I started out strength training for 1 week. The second week I did strength training plus a 1 mile DVD....fast forward....I am doing 4 miles a day plus strength training. Just let your body get used to it and then build on it.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by quitting but I'm assuming you mean giving up on diet/exercise completely? I've been on track with it for the past 4-5 months and I don't intend on stopping but have broken diet many times but nothing that's prevented me from continuing after a bad day.

The last time I quit completely, I probably lasted about 20 days on it before falling off though. I guess what has driven me now was one day after I left the gym and was cooking some chicken, I decided enough was enough and I'm going to stop quitting and giving up. It was that moment that I really set my mind onto getting fitter and healthier.