Food prices that piss you off

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Oh man, hit it for a week with a little rum.

Deliciousness straight from russia.

!!!! Now I'm mad. It was chocolate/apricot so that would have been perfect. And I wouldn't have had to lie about eating it :(

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Now you know.

and knowing is half the battle.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    granola. seriously. WHY.
    dude, considering how caloric that shizz is, and how non-satiating it is... I've written it off completely.

Bear Naked honey almond protein granola… 140 calories per 30 grams, 12 grams of carbs, 10 grams of protein. Bam!

I love the Bear Naked stuff, but nope, still not filling for the calories. Still nice as a treat once in a while with Greek yogurt and berries.
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been said many times...but meat. All meat.

I don't eat much of it because of the price. I try to save up to go to my favourite butcher and get really good cuts. If I have to pay so much for it, I might as well make sure it's quality.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    granola. seriously. WHY.
    dude, considering how caloric that shizz is, and how non-satiating it is... I've written it off completely.

yeah- I don't buy it.
    at all.
    which makes me a little sad- because it IS delicious- and I LURV it in my yogurt- but no- trade off price/calorie wise- WAY to effing expensive.
    I completely agree. Granola is yummy, but it isn't yummy enough to justify the calories. I could have crumbled a Hershey bar on my yogurt for that!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • getfitrenee22
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »
    Ugh, I forgot. Bananas are getting WAY expensive, too. They were 75 cents a pound the last time I went to the grocery store. That doesn't sound like a lot, but when they were as low as 40 cents a pound only 2 months ago....

My local family owned grocery store has $.25/lb banana Thursdays! It's crazy how many people this sale attracts...even in bad weather!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the prices. I'm a sale shopper big time!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why there is an obesity problem here! It costs an arm and a leg to eat healthy! You can go to Mcdonald's and get a burger for a buck! It's so much cheaper to be fat! Uggghhh...
  • runningagainstmyself
    Options
    Right now? All of them. Where I live, food prices are getting absurdly expensive. But at the moment I'd have to say asparagus is making me pretty pissed. $7.99/lb? It's a winter vegetable! And it's WINTER!
  • isamargomez
    isamargomez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Meat substitutes-$5.99 for a pack of 6 Chik'n nuggets that will last me two meals seems like a lot to me
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NRSPAM wrote: »
    And people wonder why there is an obesity problem here! It costs an arm and a leg to eat healthy! You can go to Mcdonald's and get a burger for a buck! It's so much cheaper to be fat! Uggghhh...

Ugh, I know! My partner and I splurge way too much on groceries in order to eat healthily. If we lived off of packaged food and low-grade meat, our grocery bill would be literally half of what it is now :\
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Ugh, I know! My partner and I splurge way too much on groceries in order to eat healthily. If we lived off of packaged food and low-grade meat, our grocery bill would be literally half of what it is now :\

Even what I consider "low grade" meat is expensive. Nothing like paying $5/lb for ground beef laden with fat (73% lean conventional beef).
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't get pissed off at prices. If it isn't in season then I buy is frozen.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    dairy alternatives :c
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Yeah but that McD's 1 dollar burger is under 500 calories. So clearly the problem isnt that individual sandwich, is the whole day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Right now? All of them. Where I live, food prices are getting absurdly expensive. But at the moment I'd have to say asparagus is making me pretty pissed. $7.99/lb? It's a winter vegetable! And it's WINTER!

7.99$???????
    I won't pay for it at 3.99$!$!$!.

That sucks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wanted to get 90% ground beef yesterday... $9.99 a pound. NOPE.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Avocados, any nuts, read meat, salmon, shrimp, olives, oil (coconut,olive) fage greek yogurt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    skirt steak.. but to be fair- it's a high end cut of meat- but it's still like 15$ a pound. LMAO

totally worth it.