Looking for some friends to keep me motivated!

Options
I've tried losing weight on my own before and easily get off track. This time I want to do it with others to keep myself from making excuses for dropping out of my program. I would love some friends! I'm a mom to a 5 year old with 37 pounds to lose.

Replies

• LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for friends but want friends that are on the 20 carb a day diet so we can support each other. I leave my diary open so I can get any input needed to setting my goal.
  • rwlofland
    rwlofland Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm also looking for a fitness pal. I've got about 55 lbs to lose. Maybe we can help keep each other stay motivated.

Are you doing anything else besides MyFitnessPal (MFP)? I've been pairing it with Weight Watchers points and it helps a lot! The points help me maximize the good foods that fill you up with low cals and MFP helps me see if the WW program really works. I'm allowing myself 30 points per day with WW; however, I've been staying under 20 every day. I'm also allowing myself 1500 points with MFP and I'm staying right around 1350 when I do things the WW way. It's a little extra work, but it REALLY helps me think about everything I'm eating.
  • freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    pisces2456 wrote: »
    I've tried losing weight on my own before and easily get off track. This time I want to do it with others to keep myself from making excuses for dropping out of my program. I would love some friends! I'm a mom to a 5 year old with 37 pounds to lose.

• freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there im brand new need support and have 90 to lose going on a journey!
  • pisces2456
    Options
    rwlofland wrote: »
    Hi! I'm also looking for a fitness pal. I've got about 55 lbs to lose. Maybe we can help keep each other stay motivated.

Are you doing anything else besides MyFitnessPal (MFP)? I've been pairing it with Weight Watchers points and it helps a lot! The points help me maximize the good foods that fill you up with low cals and MFP helps me see if the WW program really works. I'm allowing myself 30 points per day with WW; however, I've been staying under 20 every day. I'm also allowing myself 1500 points with MFP and I'm staying right around 1350 when I do things the WW way. It's a little extra work, but it REALLY helps me think about everything I'm eating.

LOL I'm pushing it to do MFP, I don't think I could do it and WW for more than one meal. Good for you though! WW is a great program.
  • canuck_OHS
    canuck_OHS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Been on for a month and doing a weightlifting program but not seeing any loss yet. I need help staying motivated and would love to support others in their journey!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My kids are all I need for motivation. Lost 24 pounds of fat, gained 5 pounds of muscle, and lost 5 inches of waist.