At home work out for apartment living

Options
Hello! When I can't make it to the gym I need to find an at home workout. The only problem is that I live on the forth floor of an apartment complex and can't make too much noise. Any advice?

Replies

• 2yorkiemama
    2yorkiemama Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi there ! I live half my life in hotels. I hate going to the gyms. They usually have sparse broken equipment; and they can have some scary peeps around. I do Tabata (HIIT -aka- high intensity interval training.) in my hotel room. There is a plethora of workouts on line you can look up and print off ...mix and match...make up your own. There are some really good ones from Popsugar fitness if you need a place to start.. I've gotten in the best shape of my life doing this. I'm 50 yrs old in menopause, 5'1" and 117. Never felt better. No need for fancy gyms nor equipment. ..just your own body and lots of discilple. I eat crazy healthy too! Hope this helps!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've been using an app called Sworkit. Had guided workouts for cardio, strength, yoga, abd stretchin in intervals starting at 5 minutes. Or you can custom mix and match several different ones. It estimates calories burned and syncs with MFP, too
  • getfitrenee22
    Options
    There's an app called interval timer that is perfect for tabata/hi it workouts...and it's free! It also connects to your playlist...perfect for doing at home workouts. Also consider doing more strength & Pilates type workouts. You can find free workouts on fitness blender.com & FIT channel on YouTube!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Try kettlebell workouts! You would have to buy a kettlebell, but basically noise free and you can find kettlebell workouts online at livefit revolution.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Check out fitnessblender.com - over 400 video workouts, and many are low impact and even mention being quiet enough for apartment living. Handy search feature on the site lets you search for specifics, like body focus, type of workout, length, difficulty, etc. Good stuff.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking dvds, she also has them on youtube.
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    Zumba is absolutely fantastic! I've got a pretty hectic schedule at the moment so I try to fit in a least 15 minutes a day and it seriously is brilliant! You can do it in such a small space and it gets your heart rate up in no time! I really love it :)
  • nchurch0921
    nchurch0921 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great advice will look into all of these for sure