Advise on tennis shoes and a pedometer

Options
Can anyone recommend a good pair of walking shoes and a pedometer? Started walking this week and am using an old pair of shoes. also I would like to figure out how far I walk per trip. Thanks

Replies

• kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I have an Omron 113 which I have had for a couple years and I find it is excellent. It resets itself daily and has a host of other features. It wasn't cheap though but was worth it because the cheap ones either log steps when you haven't done any, reset themselves, or don't log steps even when you have already done 50!!!

As to walking shoes, I guess Foot Locker should be able to advise you which is most suited for you. Hope this helps.
  • sjwarren66
    sjwarren66 Posts: 16
    Options
    Consumer On Heath highly recommended the OMRON Go Smart Pedometer for its accuracy. You can order it online, or I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It not only counts your steps, but it calculates the number of aerobic steps, the length of aerobic activity, total numbers of calories and fat grams burned. I have been using it for about a month and it is keeping me very motiviated.