How many calories does 30 day shred level 1 burn?

Hi, just started 30 day shred today and was wondering how many calories would it burn for me? im 18 years old, 5 ft0, 95 pounds

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Why are you doing 30 day shred if your goal as of a couple days ago was to gain muscle weight?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Hi, just started 30 day shred today and was wondering how many calories would it burn for me? im 18 years old, 5 ft0, 95 pounds

Sweetie, you need help. Really.
  • Why are you doing 30 day shred if your goal as of a couple days ago was to gain muscle weight?
    Its cardio mixed with strengh training & ab workouts? I cant go to the gym & this is perfect for me as im a beginner. Ive done this before when i was bigger & I lost inches.
  • Gonna go do ripped in 30 aswell. The 30 day shred does make me stronger. :) I just wanna workout more now!
  • brianpperkins
    Why are you doing 30 day shred if your goal as of a couple days ago was to gain muscle weight?
    Its cardio mixed with strengh training & ab workouts? I cant go to the gym & this is perfect for me as im a beginner. Ive done this before when i was bigger & I lost inches.

If you want to gain appreciable muscle mass you MUST EAT AT A SURPLUS (that means at least tripling your net intake from where you claimed it was on Tuesday) WHILE DOING A PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD EXERCISE PROGRAM ... not some light weight Jillian Michaels program that is primarily cardio. You were told this earlier in the week.

The rush back to a cardio based program to lose inches when you're already underweight only reinforces the image you've presented to people over multiple threads which is that you need specialized professional help.
  • Why are you doing 30 day shred if your goal as of a couple days ago was to gain muscle weight?

If you want to gain appreciable muscle mass you MUST EAT AT A SURPLUS (that means at least tripling your net intake from where you claimed it was on Tuesday) WHILE DOING A PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD EXERCISE PROGRAM ... not some light weight Jillian Michaels program that is primarily cardio. You were told this earlier in the week.

The rush back to a cardio based program to lose inches when you're already underweight only reinforces the image you've presented to people over multiple threads which is that you need specialized professional help.

I think ripped in 30 is more strength training.
  • brianpperkins
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Sweetie, you need help. Really.

She does ... she's been told this for months by multiple people in multiple threads as she's used multiple login names ... it just doesn't register. Her planned actions here fit more in line with the need for help than for her suddenly changed planned goal as of Thursday. The fact her ticker still shows a 16 pound to go loss target although she is already underweight after that unhealthy concept was pointed out earlier reinforces the perception she's created about herself repeatedly.

Either she'll realize what everyone else sees in her behaviors and get help or she will do permanent damage to herself at a young age.
  • brianpperkins
    "
    Gonna go do ripped in 30 aswell. The 30 day shred does make me stronger. :) I just wanna workout more now!

As well? So you're going to do two plans designed for weight loss simultaneously?

• "
    Gonna go do ripped in 30 aswell. The 30 day shred does make me stronger. :) I just wanna workout more now!

As well? So you're going to do two plans designed for weight loss simultaneously?

I use heavy weights
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    If you are asking how many calories it will burn so that you know how many to eat back, then good. But if you are hoping to create a bigger deficit then you are obviously flirting with an eating disorder.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    RI 30 and 30 DS are not strength training. If that's all you have to work with, and you really want to build strength, do the strength portions with something heavier than 3lb dumbbells, skip the cardio, and do the abs--with weight if possible. You could also get a door-frame pull-up bar and do pull-ups, chin-ups and push-ups on that. Crow pushups are great for chest and abs. To build your legs, you will need heavier weights. You can do weighted step-ups, lunges, good mornings, glute bridges, and squats for now.
  • brianpperkins
    "

I use heavy weights

Define heavy.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Use your correct stats in the exercise log of MFP, use 'circuit training' in the cardio section, input time. That's probably as close as you can get for your calorie burn in this. I have completed both programs. Don't expect to burn much more than 150 calories. Good luck.

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    edited January 2015
    RI 30 and 30 DS are not strength training. If that's all you have to work with, and you really want to build strength, do the strength portions with something heavier than 3lb dumbbells, skip the cardio, and do the abs--with weight if possible. You could also get a door-frame pull-up bar and do pull-ups, chin-ups and push-ups on that. Crow pushups are great for chest and abs. To build your legs, you will need heavier weights. You can do weighted step-ups, lunges, good mornings, glute bridges, and squats for now.
    ^Yes. I work both with hand weights up to 12 lbs, depending on my progress in individual exercises.
  • brianpperkins
    Your diary shows you still eating at a deficit after all of your trying to deny disordered thinking, eating, and body image on Thursday. Your actions are revealing and they keep screaming that you need specialized professional help.
  • "

I use heavy weights

Define heavy.

If i struggle to lift them then thats heavy for me, Are you not meant to go heavier the more you do it? Remember im a beginner. but its 5kg yeah im weak but its heavier than what they use in the video.
  • brianpperkins
    "

I use heavy weights

Define heavy.

If i struggle to lift them then thats heavy for me, Are you not meant to go heavier the more you do it? Remember im a beginner. but its 5kg yeah im weak but its heavier than what they use in the video.

That isn't really lifting heavy enough to produce the results you claimed you wanted as of Thursday. Your choice of programs designed for weight loss rather than actual gaining of appreciable muscle mass coupled with your continued eating at a deficit make it look as though your rants on Thursday were disingenuous at best.
  • Nadiabear14
    Nadiabear14 Posts: 32
    edited January 2015
    "

I use heavy weights

Define heavy.

That isn't really lifting heavy enough to produce the results you claimed you wanted as of Thursday. Your choice of programs designed for weight loss rather than actual gaining of appreciable muscle mass coupled with your continued eating at a deficit make it look as though your rants on Thursday were disingenuous at best.

Yeah I get it, you said that how many times now..? If they're heavy for me then I'm going to build muscle no matter what even if its slow, I will obviously go heavier when it gets too easy.
    And by the way i'm not eating at a deficit.
  • brianpperkins
    "

I use heavy weights

Define heavy.

Yeah I get it, you said that how many times now..? If they're heavy for me then I'm going to build muscle no matter what even if its slow, I will obviously go heavier when it gets too easy.
    And by the way i'm not eating at a deficit.

Yes, you are. As you were told multiple times over the course of the week ... 1200 is still a deficit. Lie to yourself all you want but lying to others will get you called out.
  • brianpperkins
    edited January 2015
    Your diary has you eating roughly 1200 total calories per day since you started logging. The BMR for a 18 yr old female, 5'0", 95 pounds is approximately 1265 ... so you're at a deficit from your BMR. However, deficits are not calculated of BMR ... at sedentary, your caloric need is 1518 to maintain ... so you're continuing at a .5 - 1 lb per week deficit without factoring in any exercise.

Simple math.

After including your logged exercise .. you're netting barely over 1000 calories for a one pound per week deficit.