Liquid Diet

Options
What is your intake on them and if you tried it and it worked what all did you do for a liquid diet?

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    They teach you nothing as far as changing your eating habits... which is how we all got fat in the first place! Too much in the mouth and not enough exercise!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    they will also mess with your digestive system... your 'waste elimination' will alter and give you 'false' scale readings
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I say eat some healthy food instead :D
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    There's a reason God gave you teeth -- liquid diets are a quick fix and eventually bite you in the long run. Remember when Oprah did it and gained it all back? UGH. Fruits & veggies, lean protein sources and a lot of water. Add exercise. Good luck to you!:smile:
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time...go eat some protein instead :)
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    I don't think anyone should do an ALL liquid diet. I have recently started doing a green smoothie a day (leafy greens, broccoli, carrots, etc. mixed with fruits). Typically equates to 3-4 servings of veggies and 3-4 servings of fruit per shake. I drink 1 a day. I hate veggies and this is the only way I have been able to consume them regularly. But as one person said earlier...it does mess with your digestive system in the beginning. I am back to normal now but it took a few weeks to process this type of drink. You need to have a good mix of healthy grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Liquid is not the way to go.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What is your intake on them and if you tried it and it worked what all did you do for a liquid diet?

Useless. How can you expect to feel full when you drink all your calories. If you were to eat a couple of oranges, and then drink the equivalent in orange juice, which would make you fuller? You're taking out all the fiber in food when you only consume liquids. The longer food takes to digest, the longer you feel full. You're honestly going to want to eat more if you went on a liquid diet.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    They are a quick fix, nothing that will help you to keep the weight off.
  • lgreenawalt1
    Options
    Hi... Liquid diets I guess work for a quick fix for some people, but its a miserable time doing it... Get the book "17 day diet".. its great...you dont feel deprived, you can lose up to 15 pounds in the first 17 day phase... (i lost 12 in the first 17 day phase).. each phase introduces more variety of food and in the end, 4th phase, it teaches you maintenance... Its great... I personally have lost 33 pounds since beg of february on this diet... It really is a "lifestyle" change....my friend did the liquid diet thing with shakes, soups, protein bars... she lost a lot of weight, and yes is did mess with her digestive system too... but as soon as she goes off of it she gains quickly...I also feel it may mess with your metabolism so when you start eating regular food again you start to gain weight... you also feel deprived and it just sucks... I love the 17 day diet.. you are allowed to have fruit and eggs for breakfast, allows you an ample amount of protein for lunch with lots of vegies... they have a list of unlimited foods/vegies your allowed to eat anytime all day long if your hungry between meals snack on vegies... Once you get all your weight off you can maintain with this diet mon-frid and take weekends off.. Even if you gain 2 or 3 pounds over the weekend going back on this diet mon-fri gets it right back off... much healthier too...

Laura g
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do one in a couple weeks as I'm getting my tongue pierced...

That being said, I don't like them. As stated above it does nothing as far as teaching you how to eat healthy foods. A super dedicated person MIGHT be able to hold off and do it for a month and you will lose a lot of weight but it's not healthy and a lot of the weight will be gained right back just as fast once real food is introduced. Plus your body will have to readjust to solid foods and it can cause all sorts of problems like constipation...etc. Bottom line, unless you absolutely have to do it, I would just stick to healthier food choices and portion control. And if you do decide to do it as like a cleanse...don't do it for more than three days MAX unless supervised by a credible doctor.
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do one in a couple weeks as I'm getting my tongue pierced...

That being said, I don't like them. As stated above it does nothing as far as teaching you how to eat healthy foods. A super dedicated person MIGHT be able to hold off and do it for a month and you will lose a lot of weight but it's not healthy and a lot of the weight will be gained right back just as fast once real food is introduced. Plus your body will have to readjust to solid foods and it can cause all sorts of problems like constipation...etc. Bottom line, unless you absolutely have to do it, I would just stick to healthier food choices and portion control. And if you do decide to do it as like a cleanse...don't do it for more than three days MAX unless supervised by a credible doctor.

Why do you need one for your tongue piercing? I never had to have one.. I just walked in and got it pierced
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok I understand everyones concerns on why not to do them.. But whats a good diet to help cleanse yourself out?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ok I understand everyones concerns on why not to do them.. But whats a good diet to help cleanse yourself out?
    Fiber...just increase your fiber intake..I think anything beyond increasing fiber intake ..you should consult the Dr If your feeling bogged down Im willing to bet its the dairy in your diet or lack of raw foods ...good luck
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

just eat whole , fresh foods. lots of fruit and veggies, oats, fresh meat, brown products (bread pasta etc). just fresh clean foods, low sodium