What snacks are great to eat?????

Options
Dr says I must nibble like a bird all day, so what do you like to eat????

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Why does he say that? Sounds like nonsense to me, is there a medical thing we should know before recommending snacks?
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Why does he say that? Sounds like nonsense to me, is there a medical thing we should know before recommending snacks?

^^ this. I agree. What's going on that a Doctor says that you need to nibble all day? More info about why the Dr said that would be helpful to provide you suggestions.
  • RadiantKola
    RadiantKola Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I gotta agree with Iron_Feline, what is going on that you need to activate your G.I tract constantly all day long?

A small, crisp fuji apple smeared with 1Tbsp of peanut butter always delights!

I also love to dump a can of water packed tuna on to half of a ripe avocado!

Wasa 7 grain crackers with StarKist Tuna Creations (90 calories per package and full of protein) is another yummy snack.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Are you hypoglycaemic?
  • MissVictoriaG
    MissVictoriaG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been snacking on fresh sliced strawberries, sliced avocado with a pinch of lemon & sea salt these are my go to snacks. Golden delicious apple or dried fruit mix.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Personally I avoid snacking, it didn't work for me. I like a larger meal.. held me over to the next meal easier than snacking between and smaller meals. I was doing an orange and yogurt.. but that was 160 calories. Do that twice a day and you're at 320 calories.. that's about another meal. If you are a snacker though, I would recommend aiming for vegetables cut into sticks. We could all use more vegetables :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    a single piece of fruit
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Nuts, berries, baby carrots, really anything healthy you can keep in a bowl close by that you can grab every once in a while. You can also have a smoothie or a cup of soup to sip at.

I don't really think it matters why the doc said that btw, OP is just looking for snacks.