Do you weigh in everyday?

Options

Replies

• c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single morning, I only log my losses but it doesn't bother me if ther eare flucuations up. Just tells me I need to work harder to make the next day's weigh in better!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings, but only record weekly. I watch the trend, but the once weekly number shows the big loss :wink:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When I started no, I weighed daily but logged weekly

Now I've linked to trendweight so I log daily because I like watching the fluctuations ...this week I've been up 3lbs overnight and then watched it slowly drop due to just hormones....it doesn't phase me I find it interesting
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record new lows. But I did skip a few days when a combination of water weight from pizza and an impending period put on weight. I don't need to see how high it got, you know?
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record it on a spreadsheet, my "official" weigh in day is Thursday. That's when i compare the week over week trend.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning then average the seven days for a weekly check-in on MFP. I like to graph it (MFP has a graph) and see the fluctuations. It helps not to freak out and it's my self-check to see if my weight loss plan is working. I see the trend downward over time not the ups and downs of water weight gain/loss. It's actually pretty interesting to see how the body changes over time. I've done it over a year now and keep losing.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use TrendWeight.com to track the exponentially smoothed moving average. The daily data are far more useful with the trend as a point of comparison.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I weigh daily for the data. I like to see the fluctuations. Well, I don't like them, but I know it's normal, and don't get miffed if the scale trends up for a bit. It always comes back down.
    Same here.

• makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Daily. I like to see the graph, and I think it's really interesting how my body is working. Plus I'm working really hard, and want to see every pound I'm losing.

I often weigh right before bed too. Not because I'm obsessed about the number, but it's just so interesting how the body gains and loses weight throughout the day and overnight.

I only log the morning weight though.
  • scousedani
    scousedani Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    I weigh every single morning, I only log my losses but it doesn't bother me if ther eare flucuations up. Just tells me I need to work harder to make the next day's weigh in better!

I'm the same keeps me on track and if I'm naughty I will work harder the next day x
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. It actually helps me to worry less about the number on the scale than if I weighed weekly or monthly. I don't care about any individual number, only the trend, which you can't see on a day to day basis.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Wednesday and the first of the month. After joining the January weight loss challenge, I became obsessed with the scale weighing every day. Now I'm back to my old system and it works for me.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning to keep an eye on my progress. I do not check-in every day, as logging the 1-2 lb. fluctuations would drive me nuts.
  • melitosis
    Options
    Daily. I like to see the graph, and I think it's really interesting how my body is working. Plus I'm working really hard, and want to see every pound I'm losing.

I often weigh right before bed too. Not because I'm obsessed about the number, but it's just so interesting how the body gains and loses weight throughout the day and overnight.

I only log the morning weight though.

This is what I do. Except I also only weigh the morning weight if there has been a loss. Ahahha. MFP is my motivator and I've decided to focus only on the victories. I don't need to go feeling bad about myself on the mornings my weight jumped temporarily higher.

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I don't let myself freak out if it's up a little from the day before, as long as the overall is a downwards trend.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    not every day, but usually 3-5 days per week.

this is not a good idea if you don't understand or are otherwise bothered by natural weight fluctuations or otherwise obsessed with the number on the scale.

this is just fine if you like data points for meaningful trend analysis and you could give a rats *kitten* about the actual number on the scale and understand that you don't weigh exactly XXX Lbs...nobody does.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I weigh daily for the data. I like to see the fluctuations. Well, I don't like them, but I know it's normal, and don't get miffed if the scale trends up for a bit. It always comes back down.

This.

I weigh myself daily, mostly because I'm curious. First thing in the morning, naked, after peeing, before having any water.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I log my gains too, they don't bother me. A, I want more data points because I am playing around with Excel to try pick out a trend line, and B, I want to be able to see that spiky up-down line on MFP reports for the times when I will hit a plateau or sth to remind me not to despair.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't usually weigh everyday, but I can see why people do. The graphics are interesting & there are apps that show your weight trends which can be really useful. I weigh every week or two for no reason other than I just like to see bigger losses on the scale. So I purposely wait as long as I can to weigh so I can see a one or two pound loss & I like the boost in motivation and morale I get from that.

• P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day, but I only record Tuesday's after my shower & before I eat. I also use my body fat part of the scale then too since my feet are damp. I've found that I try to be more careful if I've gained some. I use it as a motivational tool. I only take Tuesday's weight serious. I know some people that it discourages to weigh daily, so I wouldn't do it if you're one of those. The more upbeat, the more likely you are to stick with it.