Protein Drink/Shake Suggestions!

Options
I usually drink the Jillian Michaels Vanilla Whey protein shake and dont realy mind it if i chug it down really fast but I am not crazy about it and can not take my time and drink it because the taste.
I have also tried one called Power Bar Protein and it was horrible.

Any recommendations for something fruity and easy to drink without gagging? Both the ones i have tried are vanilla and not sure if it was the vanilla or the protein powder itself but i am not crazy about the taste and rather something fruity like fruit punch tasting and soemthing filling that could be used as a quick meal replacement.

Anyone? I am in Canada but would think most would be the same?

Thanks!

Replies

• TamRob73
    TamRob73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am super picky with protein shakes and have tried Dr. Mercola's on his website. They don't have any harsh chemicals and he has a variety of them for people (like me) with gluten and dairy intolerances. I would check out his website.
  • kjlamphere
    kjlamphere Posts: 14
    Options
    Special K protein drinks are DELISH! but I think they've got more than a few carbs as well.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Biochem Sports brand (found on Amazon.com). It uses Stevia as the sweetener so isn't loaded with sugar. I buy the vanilla flavor.

I will make a berry smoothie with 2 scoops of powder, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup each of fresh strawberries and blueberries. Yum, yum!

My favorite protein shake is 2 scoops of vanilla powder, 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of BellPlantation's PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It is very chocolatey and peanut buttery and so delicious!!!!
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    I really like Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate. I mix 1-1/2 scoops with 1 cup of fat free milk.
  • Mofate98
    Mofate98 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein that is at Wal-mart (does Canada have Wal-mart?!) I've tried the Vanilla and the Chocolate and I like both of them. They also have Strawberry and Cookies and Cream, which I will try after I run out of the first 2.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I put a teaspoon of Tang in my Vanilla Cream and it is delicious!
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein that is at Wal-mart (does Canada have Wal-mart?!) I've tried the Vanilla and the Chocolate and I like both of them. They also have Strawberry and Cookies and Cream, which I will try after I run out of the first 2.
    I use this same brand in the Chocolate flavor. 2 scoops for 16 ounces of water/skim milk gives you 52g of protein and 4 grams of fat. It only costs $15 for a 2 pound container and they have Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate and Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, and Strawberry.
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    I have always used Herbalife product. It had all varitey of flavors. When I make shake, I used to mix it with my kind of choices of fruit and it really boost my weight loss and appeptie. I really love this product and I would recommend it.

You could check out at www.herbalife.com

Good Luck!
  • Firelotus
    Firelotus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the Herbalife line of shake-mixes and personalized protein powder. Tastes great, it's not gritty, and it isn't loaded with sugar like some of the others I've tried. My favorite is French Vanilla because I can make so many different kinds of smoothies with it. I can use coffee instead of milk for a cappuccino shake or add frozen fruit for a fruit smoothie. Or my favorite, peanut butter and a frozen banana! YUMMMM!
  • pinkcess22
    pinkcess22 Posts: 60
    Options
    I take opti fast its recommended by Cardiologist whos patients have to loose weight before surgery I know 3 people who have lost 44 pounds each and one of them is my mum iv to this day lost 15 ibs and still going you use it in accordance to how much weight you would like to loose you can supplement two meals and have one meal or if you want to do it intensively you can do it three times a day at the start yes the taste is abit foul people usually have it with water i prefer to have it with skim milk and add fruit or you can add flavores like nest quick milo :)) what ever you prefer
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    HERBALIFE.....I bump this.... SOOO GOOD with variety kind of fruits or vegetables.... It taste just so RIGHT!
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Shakeology !!!!.. Hands DOWN .. THE BEST.. and I have tried them ALL..
  • murfto
    murfto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have used the Shakelogy product for about 1 month now. I mix it for lunch with water.. Love it!!

I am doing power 90 workout and it helps. I have a coach on beachbody that is where I order the shake from. It is a bit pricey but it cuts down on lunch prices for sure. I am also trying, for the last 30 days. the eat stop eat program. Stop eating by 7:30pm then do the shake the next day at 12noon.. a light snack about 4 then dinner and STOP all eating by 7:30pm or so.. then shake again the next day about 12noon. My eating window is smaller which helps with the intake

Down 17 pounds in a month 3 inches off waist and 2 off hips..

It is tough but seeing results which i need to stay with it.. Maybe this time will stick.. mfp really helps with the food tracking for me.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    "eat stop eat" sounds interesting. I'm a notorious late night snacker, so I've been trying to push my eating back to earlier in the day so that I don't eat right before I go to bed. 7:30 seems so early though, especially with how late I generally stay up. I might try that though.

As far as protein shakes go, I'm just exploring the area myself--definitely getting great ideas from this thread. :)
  • moebabies
    moebabies Posts: 7
    Options
    Eas myoplex lite is pretty good! I usually freeze some soymilk and then will blend them together with a banana. It doesn't have a lot a lot of sugar either : )
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Read good things about the Atkins shakes. I too am researching more shake meals. Are you ravenous before Noon? Imagine I would be...
  • murfto
    murfto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was hungry for the first week that I tried to fast until 12noon but now I am much better. If I am done with my food intake by 8pm then wait until 12 noon the next day, I am starting to feel better. I was not in favor of this and thought I could never do it but I am really starting to feel better.

I am a RN so I did a lot of research on the eat stop eat process..

I am seeing some resutls. Down 19 pounds and 3 inches off my waist. I have been doing this since march 29th and so far so good. I most likey wont always do this but it jump started me which I needed.