Hosting a Superbowl party! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• xcatsaxon
    xcatsaxon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs using Heinz chili sauce (1 jar) and low sugar grape jelly(1 small to medium jar depending on amt of meatballs)! Everyone always wants me to make them and they have no clue they are eating turkey let alone low sugar/calorie/fat meatballs!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Your having a party for other people. They will hate you if you serve rabbit food.

Yes, probably true. And I came up with some ideas for you, but truthfully ... the Superbowl is once a year. I'll probably over-indulge. I'll log it. I'll swear at myself. I'll move on (with a hangover).
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Just eat good, fatty, super bowl food in moderation. As long as you get back on the wagon Monday, you'll be fine. enjoy the junk! I will!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Your having a party for other people. They will hate you if you serve rabbit food.

The quality of what is presented to guests is directly proportional to how much the host holds those guests in regard.

A bad spread means the host does not care much for you or the other people invited.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OP, I think a good balanced spread works great. Barbequed chicken breasts, green salad with choices in separate bowls to add to it. Others will be inclined to have salad the way they like it if they have choices. Serve with a good vinaigrette, and make sure you put ranch dressing(homemade preferred) on the table.

Hamburgers are ok, just don't eat 2 or three of them and have lots of veggies to put on them. Beans, and all the other things your guests will like, potato chips, soda, water, beer or? Potato salad isn't bad for us if we eat small amounts of it.

I would also prelog the food to get a good balance and know what I could put on my plate without worrying about going too far overboard. Most importantly, enjoy your day and your friends.
  • lemond2014
    lemond2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fresh guacamole
    2 cup cooked quinoa
    4 avocados
    7 sweet mini peppers
    1/2 diced tomatoes
    1 lemon of lime juice
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Mix together and enjoy with flax seed chips from trader joe
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I care for my guests and I don't want them to be disappointed with the spread. So I decided to go with both healthy and unhealthy options. I'm running 10k in the morning so I'll allow myself some of the fattier stuff too! Here's the menu:
    - bacon wrapped scallops
    - BBQ pork ribs
    - Buffalo wings
    - Shrimp with cocktail sauce
    - Lobster rolls
    - Hummus with veggies and pita pieces
    - Hot 5 layered Mexican Dip with tortillas
    - Potato chips and clam dip
    - Doritos
    - Beer
    - Red white and blue shooters

Go Pats!!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    To help your eating plans, make sure you have a good supply of veggie trays, chili, and shrimp cocktail platters. You could stuff your face all night long on those 3 things and still stay in your calorie goals.

• Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My family is having our own party for ourselves with a lot of food and soda...while my mom bought 2 liters of Pepsi, I bought a nice tasting 0cal carbonated drink as a replacement. As for the snacks, I am just going to stray away from them...wish me luck! :/