Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Half way there!!! Keep on going guys!!!

royalty819
royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
I've been struggling with my weight for over 3 years. Until August 2014, I had every reason why I just couldn't loose weight no matter what. And I would have gladly recited my convincing speech to who ever would listen long enough. But then, I got tired of being fat. And realized that as nice as it would be, it wasn't going to just disappear after a good night of sleep. And I didn't anticipate finding a genies lamp anytime soon either; so I began drinking a gallon of water a day, walking 3-7 miles a day, turning my daily house chores into exercise, (PM for details on turning chores to exercise) and converting to a vegan diet. Which I must say if you have the strength to convert to a vegan diet, do it! My chronic migranes have stopped harassing me, I no longer suffer from high blood pressure (yes, I'm only 22 and I had high blood pressure) my metabolism is faster, my skin, nails, and hair look stunningly radiant, and my digestive system. . .well let's just say that's running a lot smoother now :D it's proven that vegans have the best poop in all of the land. Ha ha, okay seriously, I have changed every aspect of my health. In just 4 months I've lost 40 pounds and now I am over half way to my goal!!! I only have 35 more pounds to loose and I started with 80!!! I just want to encourage you all to keep chasing your health goals!!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!
4o4ve7bd8h8o.jpg
1jcwvjuw3j56.jpg
bz8i9u8vqrcv.jpg
d54bfgq9xdg4.jpg

Replies

• royalty819
    Oh yeah, and ladies, eve's curse has regulated since the weight loss and eating changes :)
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Great work! I've heard great things about Vegan diets on your health, good for you for making such a great change. Congrats on your success! :)
  • tberger156
    tberger156 Posts: 3 Member
    Well done! Keep it up! Put the snake down!

I hate snakes...
  • royalty819
    Great work! I've heard great things about Vegan diets on your health, good for you for making such a great change. Congrats on your success! :)

Thank you so much!!! And yes it's definitly a change you can feel! And it feels great
  • royalty819
    tberger156 wrote: »
    Well done! Keep it up! Put the snake down!

I hate snakes...

Lol I paid $5 to take a picture with that snake down in Tampa :)

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Nicely done!! :D
  • royalty819
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    great job, but snake not.......hahahha
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 655 Member
    You're doing great!! Congrats!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    You look fab. I have been vegetarian for 25 years and having been thinking of trying vegan. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    You're making great progress! 10 pounds a month is a lot! I imagine it will get slow and steady as you go along. Just make sure you're eating enough calories and getting your protein. I know you'll meet your goal.
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Wow, you are so upbeat and positive. Very motivating. You sure accomplished a lot with all the changes you made in your life.
    Congrats for sticking to it and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • royalty819
    You're doing great!! Congrats!

Thank you!
  • royalty819
    You look fab. I have been vegetarian for 25 years and having been thinking of trying vegan. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Thank you and no problem! Keep me updated if you do decide to convert! I skipped vegetarian and took a dive head first into being vegan
  • royalty819
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    You're making great progress! 10 pounds a month is a lot! I imagine it will get slow and steady as you go along. Just make sure you're eating enough calories and getting your protein. I know you'll meet your goal.
    Than you! It has slowed down now I've been at 175 for about a month now but I can't give up now!
  • royalty819
    1DEF wrote: »
    Wow, you are so upbeat and positive. Very motivating. You sure accomplished a lot with all the changes you made in your life.
    Congrats for sticking to it and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Thank you so much and I wish you luck too
  • royalty819
    berto23 wrote: »
    great job, but snake not.......hahahha

Thanks! But the snake was so friendly lol
  • Sidneysider
    Sidneysider Posts: 27 Member
    Wow, u really inspire me. Congratulations on your success.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Amazing work!
  • royalty819
    Wow, u really inspire me. Congratulations on your success.

Thank you :) I'm glad to know I have inspired you ☺️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!