Superbowl Party!! Sneaky Sneaky...

Options
nettam3re3
nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
I make this buffalo chicken dip everyone loves- so I'm almost required by law to bring it. What they don't know is that I've trimmed 36gm of fat out of a single serving and added 12gm of protein by selecting lower fat versions of the dairy and dressing ingredients and doubling the chicken breast. Not bad! Of course, I'll also be bringing celery along with the chips.

I feel like I'm getting away with something but in a good way! wink: While I won't be overly meticulous about tracking tonight, I'll know that having about 1/3 cup of dip won't be an instant food log bust.

Are you modifying any recipes for today's festivities to make them healthier?

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. You should post the recipe in the recipe section if you haven't already. I would love to try it.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Recipe please ?!
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Recipe: This is not intended to be a healthy dish- just a healthier version of a naughty dish! I make 4X this recipe for parties and that makes about 40 servings. So 1 batch, listed below should make for about 10 servings.

6 large chicken breasts
    2C Franks Red Hot sauce
    8 oz low fat cream cheese
    12 oz low fat blue cheese dressing
    Chives

Cut up 6 large chicken breasts into small cubes. Brown and chop up until fine in a non stick skillet. Add 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce when chicken is no longer pink. Simmer for 3-4 minutes on low. Drain and press out all juices.

Soften 1 package low fat cream cheese (8 oz) and mix well with 12 oz of your choice in low fat blue cheese dressing. I prefer Kraft, but tastes may vary since some are much stronger in taste.

Place chicken in the bottom of medium baking dish. Drizzle 1.5 cups of Franks Red Hot sauce over chicken. Add cream cheese and dressing mix and smooth over. Top with 1.5 c shredded low fat cheddar cheese. Bake at 400 until bubbly in the center- about 20-30 minutes.

Top with plenty of chives.

Cool and serve with celery or chips. Enjoy!
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Mmmm......I've saved this to try for a summer BBQ. Thanks.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm so stealing this. I have a ton of sliced orange bell pepper that I need to get rid of, and that might work well for dipping. Mmm, protein.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I made buffalo cauliflower, it wasn't bad at all. My florets were too big but that's an easy fix