Waist Training

Options
I was watching some squat videos on youtube and came across a video of a woman who uses corsets to "train" her waist and get her to an hour glass figure. Reading the comments many people were talking about their waist training methods to get an hour glass shape.

I would love to get back to that shape I used to have but have never really heard anything about waist training. Does anyone do waist training and if so what are your tips

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no no and no.

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would love to get that hourglass figure as well. However, corset training can, unfortunately, cause damage to your organs. Or so I've heard.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was watching some squat videos on youtube and came across a video of a woman who uses corsets to "train" her waist and get her to an hour glass figure. Reading the comments many people were talking about their waist training methods to get an hour glass shape.

I would love to get back to that shape I used to have but have never really heard anything about waist training. Does anyone do waist training and if so what are your tips

According to your profile you are 18, so the shape you used to have sounds more fetal like. Your body is still growing and changing. Please don't do anything like corset training because it can cause real damage.
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful replies just wanted to know if anyone had tried it or had any tips. I was still kind of interested so I read this http://www.elle.com/fashion/news/a2518/kim-kardashian-corset-guide/ and now I realize it sounds miserable and unsafe, I would rather just rely on my workouts for now.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Glad you did your research. Corset training is an unfortunate and unsafe fad going around right now. Learn to love the body you have, then work on being healthy and fit.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful replies just wanted to know if anyone had tried it or had any tips. I was still kind of interested so I read this http://www.elle.com/fashion/news/a2518/kim-kardashian-corset-guide/ and now I realize it sounds miserable and unsafe, I would rather just rely on my workouts for now.

pretty much attached to kim kardasian outside of herpes is probably a fake thing.

so just walk the opposite way of anything she has/does/endorses/says is good/or wears... you'll probably be good.
  • princesschanteee
    princesschanteee Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I Love my waist trainer and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a flatter tummy. As long as you eat right and work out whilst training you will soon see results in a matter of weeks. Best thing ever you just need to get use to it
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I Love my waist trainer and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a flatter tummy. As long as you eat right and work out whilst training you will soon see results in a matter of weeks. Best thing ever you just need to get use to it

Lololololol. This is similar to how Kobe Bryant and I combined to score 60 points in his final NBA game
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

pretty much attached to kim kardasian outside of herpes is probably a fake thing.

so just walk run as fast as you can the opposite way of anything she has/does/endorses/says is good/or wears... you'll probably be good.

Fixed that for you.

And I can't even believe this is a thing people do. What the *kitten* is the "scientific" basis for this beyond re-arranging your internal organs? Squish everything together so your body re-arranges all the fat, muscle, tissue, and organs above or below the corset?

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

My tip is to do as much as you can by eating right and exercising, and then loving yourself enough to not to do something like this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/05/waist-whittlers-dangers/75225022/
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

I'd like to know what your doctor thinks of it, especially after the x-rays and other scans.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The fetish practice called "waist training" will, in its extreme form, reshape your lower ribs and move your
    organs to places they're not meant to be, and will not function as well.
    Ever wonder why women who wore corsets were frequently depicted as fainting?

If you want a healthy way to get a trimmer, fitter, stronger core:
    eat less than you need to maintain your current weight
    do core-strengthening exercises
    do cardio to burn fat (won't just be the waist)

For a one-night change in appearance for a special event, power mesh or wide elastic will squish you into
    a new shape, but long-term healthy change does not come from a garment.

51637601.png
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You can't target fat loss and you most certainly cannot change your genetics. It's really not up to you whether you have the hour glass shape or not. So those women can try all the want to to train their waist but many won't be happy with the results. Especially if they train it the way they used to and destroy their muscular/bone structure by shoving themselves into a corset.