Get Fit by July 4th Challenge

Options
I am looking to get in the best shape of my life by July 4th and I need some support. This challenge is for individuals who want to take their fitness to the next level. No excuses, just results. A minimum of 1 hour of exercise 5 days a week is required. Challengers should give their starting and goal weight by Monday, May 9. In order to motivate each other everyone should provide an update on your progress every Wednesday and Monday. Are you up for the challenge to get in the best shape of your life!!

Topsking2010

Replies

• skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    Currently at 17lbs down on my ticker - goal is to lose 2-4lbs per week between now and Sept. 1st, inclusive (obviously!) of now to July 4th.

Running my first 5K June 5th - so that will help!

Time to GET FIT!
  • mynameissara
    Options
    heyy! i'd love to do this :) are there any more details?
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Yup! I gotta do SOMETHING!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am looking to get in the best shape of my life by July 4th and I need some support. This challenge is for individuals who want to take their fitness to the next level. No excuses, just results. A minimum of 1 hour of exercise 5 days a week is required. Challengers should give their starting and goal weight by Monday, May 9. In order to motivate each other everyone should provide an update on your progress every Wednesday and Monday. Are you up for the challenge to get in the best shape of your life!!

Topsking2010

If you can give some more details I am interested... or is it just an hour for 5 days a week?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    In order to get fit good nutrition plays important role. I suggest everyone enter their food dairy daily on MFP. It would be great if everyone works as a team to provide each other encouragement and support.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! July 4th is my 29th birthday.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Current weight 161, goal weight 151. That'll be a stretch, but possible. Especially if the challenge is successful at motivating me to post my food diary on the weekends! Been kinda lax at that. Great challenge! Wishing everyone much success!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    In order to get fit good nutrition plays important role. I suggest everyone enter their food dairy daily on MFP. It would be great if everyone works as a team to provide each other encouragement and support.

I can do that too since I already am :wink: Count me in!!
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Hello Everyone. Thanks for the support. Let's get this party started. My current weight is 180 and my goal weight is 173. However, I really want to reduce my bodyfat by 3% by July 4th.

Remember you must exercise at least 1 hour per day at a minimum of 5 days per day week. If you can do more that will increase your chances of reaching your goal.

I plan to check in daily to see how everyone is doing.

Herb
  • michelle2808
    Options
    I'm in.....I'm currently 150lbs and my goal is 135lbs; I'm doing the Insanity program 6 days a week and I'm on day 5 (started over) I'm excited to be on this site for the support from others, it is VERY helpful!!! Good luck everyone!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    My current weight is 186 and my goal weight is 170. I am doing the C25K program and walking on my two breaks at work. I will incorporate more activities as needed to reach my daily 1hr goal for working out.

Yesterday to start the challenge: I did two 20 minute walks at work, 30 minutes of the C25K, and 40 minutes of Yoga.
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Great job Carriebear. Keep up the good work. I suggest we all take a before pic today. It will serve as motivation for our challenge.

Have a good day everyone!

Herb
  • LG61820
    Options
    Is today the first checkin day? So far this week I have worked out over an hour each day and have completed my food diary each day.
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Hello Everyone. How are you doing with getting Fit? I am out of town in Atlanta with my buddies and I need to stay on track. Took my P90x dvd's with me on the trip. Let's keep in touch and motivate each other. Remember to eat every 3 hours and drink your water. I understand the weekend is here but continue to work hard on your fitness.

If we encourage we call all reach our goals. I plan to be on the beach July4th with my shirt off.

Herb
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    ~ Tues I did two 20 minute walks at a 3.5 speed. That is 40 minutes of exercise.
    ~ Wed I did the C25K for 30 and 40 minutes of Yoga plus the two walks for 20 minutes at a 3.5. That is an hour and half of exercise.
    ~ Yesterday I was bad because I had a meeting that lasted all morning and went to the Circus after work - I only did one 20 minute walk. But I did make sure that we took the stairs in the parking garage and up to the seating :wink: That is still only 30 minutes of exercise.
    ~ Tonight I have the 30 min of C25K and then I will do some weights for the other 30 minutes. That will equal an hour of exercise.
    ~ Tomorrow I will be doing cardio for 30 minutes and weights for at least 30 minutes with my cousin at the gym. That will equal an hour of exercise but I am aiming for 1.5

I am making sure that I drink my 8 cups of water each day and I am working on my calories.... I did a bit of zigzaging with Wed and Thurs but it worked itself out :bigsmile:
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Great Job Carriebear. Using the weekend to add more intensity to your workout is a great idea. Remember nutrition is the key. We all slip up sometime but just keep moving forward.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Let's weigh in on Monday

Herb
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Is today the first checkin day? So far this week I have worked out over an hour each day and have completed my food diary each day.

Great job!!!!

Are we doing weekly weighins? If so then I will be checking in on Wed since that is my normal weighin day.
  • LG61820
    Options
    I have been doing really well, but everything went to he** in a handbasket today! I hope to get back on track tomorrow.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Current weight: 185
    Pounds lost since last week: 1
    I am super happy about my first monthly measurement results: Right thigh -2"; Left thigh -1.5"; Right arm -1.5"; Left arm -1.75"; Natural waist -1", Hips -1.5!!!!

This week my workout plan is as follows:
    Sunday: Rest day
    Monday: C25K and yoga
    Tuesday: cardio muscle and30DS - missed this and will add it to tomorrow.
    Wednesday: C25K and yoga
    Thursday: cardio muscle and 30DS
    Friday: C25K and something else to make an hour
    Saturday: Weights and some fat burn on the treadmill
    **I take my two breaks at work and walk a mile in 20 minutes, so that is an additional 40 minutes each day. I was off work Tuesday though so I did NOTHING and I am sad about that, but I get two days of not making it to an hour so all good!
  • LG61820
    Options
    Carriebear, Super job! You are inspiring me. I have all sorts of very good reasons and excuses for why I have gone off track this week, but I'll spare you. Hoping that tomorrow's the day I can get back in the swing.