HELP I'm ready to give up!

Options
13»

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I too am a very slow loser and have hypothyroid issues (untreated) & now menopause :( It's taken me 2.5 years to lose 64 lbs. What has been working for me when I get stuck is zig zagging. I think it could be just the thing to shock your metabolism.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229634-it-s-working-i-m-unstuck

or use the search function for Zig zagging...
    Good luck!!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just had a check up in Feburary annual everything......looked good. He had no other suggestions....just said well it is harder to lose in your 40's then in your 20's....really helpful.:ohwell:

He lies... I'm 47... I'm losing.

i'm 50 and have lost over 30lbs, in the last to years! i have to say though your diary is not very healthy, to much sugar and salt and on the days i looked at no water either.. perhaps add in more fruit and veg , what ever you decide to do i don't think giving up is the answer

good luck on your journey

I'll be 58 in a few weeks and I'm losing.

I would suggest doing whole body strength training to bump up your metabolic rate, and maybe switching up your cardio if you've been depending on walking and the stationary bike for very long.

I know in my case, I'd been walking every day for years and was too good at it to burn anywhere near the number of calories MFP told me I was burning. While my weight loss never stalled out completely, it was only when I cut back on my walking time and went to the gym instead for exercise (cardio and strength) to which my body wasn't already conditioned that the pounds really began to melt away. Twenty minutes on an elliptical does me more good (at least for now) than 2 hours of brisk walking.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    First thing I would do is get rid of the Atkins crap no offence but it is 110 calories of nothing, you can have 4 cups of lettus for 45 calories, .5 peppers. and .5 cup of onions for 30 calories, then 2 make your own salad dressing with fat free sour cream add ranch mix and you can have .25 cup for 55 calories. You add other veggie and barely break 200 calories and get full.
    Yogurt you can it as low as 50 calories add a banana or strawberrys with .25 cup a of granola and you might get 100 calories.
    You can also eat 1 cup of watermelon for 45 calories.
    You need to find your fruit and veggies Lady it's good bulk food and filling.
    Also I don't know what your exercise routine is but mix it up. Do cardio and mild weight training. Weight training burns calories longer.
    I take ginsing every morning to help increase my metabloism you might try that.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody.....I hope I'm not to late in thanking everyone for their time and energy that you took to respond to me....it has really helped me! I'm re-focused, re-motivated, and re-minded of why I like MFP so much! Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody.....I hope I'm not to late in thanking everyone for their time and energy that you took to respond to me....it has really helped me! I'm re-focused, re-motivated, and re-minded of why I like MFP so much! Thanks again! :flowerforyou:

:heart: this!!!!!! Glad you are feeling much better. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This is what I want you to try. I am going to post Daily Servings.

5 vegetables
    4 fruits
    3-6 whole grains
    2-3 high-calcium foods
    8 glasses of water

Weekly Servings
    5+ beans
    5 nuts
    2 fish

One vegetable and fruit serving is equal to
    1 medium piece of fruit
    1/2 cup chopped fruit
    1/2 cup cooked or raw veggie
    1 c raw green leaves
    3/4 c vegetable or fruit juice

Whole Grain Serving is equal to
    1 slice whole wheat break
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice or bulgur
    1/2 cup cooked whole wheat pasta

High-Calcium Foods Serving is equal to
    1 cup fat-free or 1% milk
    1 cup fat-free or low-fat yogurt
    1 cup calcium-fortified orange juice
    1 oz reduced-fat cheese

Beans Serving is equal to 1/2 cup cooked beans/lentils

Nuts Serving is equal to 2 Tbsp chopped

Fish Serving is equal to 3 oz cooked

I hope this helps.

Awesome!! I needed this as well so thank you!

You're quite welcome. :smile: