CARBS

Options
Anyone know anything that's high in carbs? I always get carbs from the same snacks and I need to switch it up

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Quick carb snacks? Nuts and seeds, easy. Throw in some raisins too if you want.
  • ramdettmer751
    ramdettmer751 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do get majority of those exclude the pop tarts and heatable breakfast meals are not my thing. I get the pack of nuts with almond and raisins to go with my Greek yogurt to up the macros but its getting too boring.
  • Jolinia
    Options
    I do get majority of those exclude the pop tarts and heatable breakfast meals are not my thing. I get the pack of nuts with almond and raisins to go with my Greek yogurt to up the macros but its getting too boring.

Well since you look like you're going to burn it off with lots of activity, you can always make chocolate chip cookie oatmeal. Just grab some microwavable steel cut oatmeal and some dark chocolate, make the oatmeal in the microwave, and mix in as much chocolate as you want. Yummy melty goodness. It's also tasty with some nuts or peanuts chopped up in it. Like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.

Me, I can't eat that. I won't stop, and I'm sure as heck not able to burn it off, but I bet you can.
  • ramdettmer751
    Options
    I've never been good with baking but I'll have to try that! I normally just eat oatmeal raw with milk or blend the oats and make a protein pancake with it which turns out amazing!
  • Jolinia
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've never been good with baking but I'll have to try that! I normally just eat oatmeal raw with milk or blend the oats and make a protein pancake with it which turns out amazing!

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. No baking required, get the oatmeal out of the microwave hot and melt in the chocolate by stirring, add in chopped nuts if you want, good to go!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, Oatmeal, Pancakes, Waffles, Bread (mmm yummy french baguettes or something).

The possibilities are endlessly yummy. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    nutella on bread
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    White rice
    Pasta
    Potatoes (plus sweet potatoes)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    pasta, jam, rice cakes, sugar, maple syrup, normal pancakes, rice, fruits, veggies, donuts, muffins, cake.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    nutella on a spoon

fify
  • Jolinia
    Options
    By the way, I did make an assumption I maybe shouldn't have: You did get all your vitamins and minerals as recommended for your age and activity level and such from your meals before you started snacking, right? If not you probably would do better to build your snacks around anything you have a deficit in.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Juice
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, pudding, cookie dough, licorice, rice, fruit juice, soda, bread
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Anyone know anything that's high in carbs? I always get carbs from the same snacks and I need to switch it up

Glucose (dextrose) powder.
  • Jolinia
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    By the way, I did make an assumption I maybe shouldn't have: You did get all your vitamins and minerals as recommended for your age and activity level and such from your meals before you started snacking, right? If not you probably would do better to build your snacks around anything you have a deficit in.

Sigh

Can't help it. It's a mom thing. Okay, sonny, before you dig into that bowl of glorified chocolate oatmeal cookie, you did have a nutritious dinner, right?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Sigh

Can't help it. It's a mom thing. Okay, sonny, before you dig into that bowl of glorified chocolate oatmeal cookie, you did have a nutritious dinner, right?

I think like that too :)

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

Sigh

My mom would agree as well. It does make sense though.
  • ramdettmer751
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone