Fitbit Charge HR

Options
Hey all! New to the MFP and Fitbit community. Just got my new Charge HR and I'm already loving it! Looking for Fitbit friends for motivation/challenge participants. Look forward to "meeting" everyone!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/36ZKDB

Replies

• Meg035
    Meg035 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm thinking of getting one of those! Some reviews said that the heart rate monitor is inaccurate a lot of the time. What are your thoughts?
  • Manda031
    Manda031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got one as well and am loving it!
  • jamenke
    Options
    I just got mine this morning and after I hooked everything up I've just been doing small things around the house so I haven't gotten the chance to really test it out yet. My resting rate seems to be pretty accurate though and when I go up and down the stairs it seems to notice the change pretty quickly. I'm doing a spin class tomorrow so I'm anxious to see how it reads then!
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    It's great I'm not sure on accuracy but I do know if I step up workout to get into the "zone" Fat burning and or cardio zone I am finding that my walks duration is shorter and my pace is better ie covering same distance in less time.

from Fitbit heart rate FAQs.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Heart-rate-FAQs

CARDIO ZONE

Cardio zone, which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone. In this zone, you're pushing yourself but not straining. For most people, this is the exercise zone to target.

FAT BURN ZONE

Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate is 50 to 69% of maximum, is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone and may be a good place to start for those new to exercise. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.
  • benpoepen
    benpoepen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've got one for a week now. It's not very accurate for certain workouts, but you can see a trend in it. It's like 20 beats lower than the heartbeat registered by other means during intensive workout.
    Doesn't really matter as I've got it for the trending anyway.

For instance I can try that my heart rate remains high for at least 2 hours after working out. I'd that I use more calories while working at a standing desk than sitting
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I got one on Friday and love it. I've tested the HR a couple times and it appears to be pretty accurate for me. I'm going for a run/walk at lunch, my first proper workout since I got it. But I do love it!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/36FYFN
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have a Force now. I am waiting for the Charge HR with the purple band. They say it will be 10-12 weeks until they are available. I am looking forward to getting it for heart rate monitor.
  • jamenke
    Options
    Thanks for all the info ladies!! I can't wait until I can test mine out properly, but so far I really like it and all the site/app have to offer
  • rehz1
    rehz1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love my HR makes me push my self to burn my calorie goal. It's lots of fun!!!!! Need buddies to keep motivated ;)
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have the HR as well.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge hr is insane I'm addicted!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I find mine to be pretty accurate, I wear it about two finger widths above the wrist bone. I was using a HRM app with a strap and I am not seeing a big difference between the two. I love having my biofeed back machine on my wrist. I used to forget the strap when going to the rec center, hated that. Not a problem now.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Meg035 wrote: »
    Hey! I'm thinking of getting one of those! Some reviews said that the heart rate monitor is inaccurate a lot of the time. What are your thoughts?

Well when I was at the Dr office the other day and the girl was checking my heart rate, I said, "my fitbit says is 80, Ive been curious as to how accurate it is"..after she took it she said it was right on point... so I would say pretty close to accurate.
  • rechal3
    rechal3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Force now. I am waiting for the Charge HR with the purple band. They say it will be 10-12 weeks until they are available. I am looking forward to getting it for heart rate monitor.

I got my Purple charge HR today! it came out yesterday so you can order online or get one from best buy.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been using mine since March, and the flex before that. I love it. I just today finally had enough data (30 days worth) to see how accurate the calories in and out were and they were only .2 pounds off! So I'm pretty happy about that!
  • TanyaShersty
    TanyaShersty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been pondering getting one as well but had read reviews about it being innacurate. Nice to hear you guys are enjoying yours and they're working for you. I really want one now!
  • jengilligan04
    jengilligan04 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit charger HR on June 6th for my birthday! And all I can say is I don't know how I've lived without it!! I love it and find it to be totally accurate!! I wear mine 3 finger with below my wrist to get the most accurate heart rate!! Just make sure its not to tight, as that will throw the heart rate readings off!! Good luck with yours, and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask!!!
  • lindathom209
    lindathom209 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had the charge hr a few months. I love it and it's really accurate for me. I have no friends though, so please add me //www.fitbit.com/user/39TKD9
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for over 3 years now and a Charge HR for a month now. I like it a lot and would give it a B+. I think it's aptly named because it frequently needs to be charged. About every 3 days, versus my Fitbit One's every 7 days. I like the Caller ID feature and the HR monitoring is great too. The HR it reports seems to be in-line with the other HR measurement trackers I have or have access to.