What a difference a year makes!

Options

Replies

• Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I read your whole thread- it's so inspiring! I'm hoping 2015 will be the year I can achieve my goal. You look great!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You my friend, are amazing!
  • orpingman
    orpingman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done my friend!!! Very inspiring to read, thank you.
  • filangieri
    filangieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your transformation is amazing and inspiring!
  • letsdoittogether345
    Options
    congratulations , what a handsome man!
  • nanosuitninja
    nanosuitninja Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Incredible stuff, this is how it's done, more specifically, this is how everything is done :smile:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Holy hell - amazing! And I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but you totally look like James Bond (Daniel Craig) in that tux. Congrats!
  • MaryGoals2015
    MaryGoals2015 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats...wow you look amazing ;)
  • lydbabes1994
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    shorshabae wrote: »

Honestly amazing! You should be so proud of your achievement! I worked in orthopaedics for 4 months and will do another 4 months next year and so many patients don't realise the impact their weight has on their joints :)

In my 30s, when I weighed in the 220s, my doctor said "if you don't lose weight soon, when you hit your 40s or 50s, you're going to have lots of knee problems." If only I had acted sooner. Thankfully, with the weight loss, my knees are much happier now. I'll probably still need surgery when I hit 60, but that's better than at 50.

Don't look at what/should of done! Look at what you have done, you have done amazingly... You look fantastic, well done with your journey an I wish you all the best ahead of what the rest consists of!!

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You my friend, are amazing!

Thanks! A big part has been friends who have been there to support me throughout, and occasionally, when needed, to give me a good kicking to keep going.
  • flatlndr
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Holy hell - amazing! And I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but you totally look like James Bond (Daniel Craig) in that tux. Congrats!

Thanks! That's a big complement!

Now that I have the tux look down, the next target is the beach bod, in time for a July holiday.

PS -- Your Reese's PB Cups were a favourite of mine ... way too much so! I had to walk away from them ... I couldn't control myself once I had one.
  • flatlndr
    edited February 2015
    Options
    shorshabae wrote: »

Honestly amazing! You should be so proud of your achievement! I worked in orthopaedics for 4 months and will do another 4 months next year and so many patients don't realise the impact their weight has on their joints :)

In my 30s, when I weighed in the 220s, my doctor said "if you don't lose weight soon, when you hit your 40s or 50s, you're going to have lots of knee problems." If only I had acted sooner. Thankfully, with the weight loss, my knees are much happier now. I'll probably still need surgery when I hit 60, but that's better than at 50.

Don't look at what/should of done! Look at what you have done, you have done amazingly... You look fantastic, well done with your journey an I wish you all the best ahead of what the rest consists of!!

@lydbabes1994 ... Fear not, I'm not obsessing on the past, what I "should have done", etc. I recognise that my weight caused the knee problems, but I've used that to fix myself. Now it's all about what I have accomplished, and about what I will accomplish in the weeks, months and years ahead.
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hi im 50 and just read through your story and it has given the the inspiration to carry on with my own wieght loss
    well done and i hope i look half as good as you in time

derek
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Stunning! I love reading these successes. From your post in the other thread, you've maintained successfully which is now my goal!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    "Bond. James Bond." That's what your very last photo reminds me of. Congratulations--you worked hard to get to your goal and you totally deserve that success!

This, for sure...

*sigh* Had my MRI, today... we will see what the doc has to say about my knee.

Thanks for sharing and great work!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! What dedication!!
  • burthdaygurl
    burthdaygurl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Thankyou for sharing your story. :)
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Very motivating thank you for posting
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your dedication and hard work are inspiring!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Thanks for much for the details and sharing your success. Reading the time and commitment it took and the positive attitude is fantastic. Thanks again and well done! You've helped me get my focus today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!