Food Diary, remaining numbers, is there any fitness tracker that pulls those?

Options
Phaewryn
Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
I'm looking to buy a fitness tracker (fitbit, polar, vivofit, etc), and I am hoping that some/any of them can pull the food diary numbers from MyFitnessPal and send it to my fitness tracker throughout the day. Is this possible? So that on my tracker, I would be able to see at a glance how many remaining calories, grams of fat, etc I can eat for the rest of the day. Which ones do that, brand and model, and if you happen to know, what type of phone/computer is required to make them functional (syncing)?

Replies

• lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit One links to MFP. It pulls calories that I eat throughout the day into my Fitbit app. As far as the nutritional breakdown and calories left I refer to the MFP app.
  • Phaewryn
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I have narrowed down my choices to a fitbit or a garmin vivofit, still a little undecided.
  • courtneymedwell2014
    Options
    I have a vivofit and love it. There have been some teething issues with syncing to MFP but these are mostly resolved. I use the vivofit ap to track everything and only really use MFP to enter my calories in and check on my nutrients for the day, although the calories burned from vivofit do also sync to MFP the calories burnt from your daily steps does not. It tracks your movement in your sleep, your steps, I got mine with a heart monitor and wear it while I work out. This has been extremely useful as I do supersets of weights so has been great to track my calories burned and heart rates during these exercises as 'calories burned' estimates are often quite off on MFP for me. I highly recommend it :) Good luck with your decision!
  • Phaewryn
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the feedback! That has made me even more sure that the vivofit is the one I want. I like how it comes out of the watch band and can be put in a softer band on my ankle for sleep (since I'm a side sleeper and often use my hands as pillows). I read that their newer version will be out in march, and will include a vibrate function and a light... I'm thinking I'll wait for that so I can have those features.
    I have a vivofit and love it. There have been some teething issues with syncing to MFP but these are mostly resolved. I use the vivofit ap to track everything and only really use MFP to enter my calories in and check on my nutrients for the day, although the calories burned from vivofit do also sync to MFP the calories burnt from your daily steps does not. It tracks your movement in your sleep, your steps, I got mine with a heart monitor and wear it while I work out. This has been extremely useful as I do supersets of weights so has been great to track my calories burned and heart rates during these exercises as 'calories burned' estimates are often quite off on MFP for me. I highly recommend it :) Good luck with your decision!