Starting again - looking for buddies dealing with celiac and other chronic health problems!

Options
Hello all!
I'm getting back on the MFP bandwagon and, like many people, I would love some buddies to help me keep on track. I have celiac disease so I eat entirely gluten free but I'm by no means a clean eater. Money is also tight so I'd love to find some friends who are gluten free, needing to stay around 1200 calories and who are trying to find cheap, easy ways to cook!

I also have some mysterious chronic health problems that come and go so if there's anyone else dealing with similar flares, lets keep each other motivated. My focus is primarily on my diet and just moving a little bit each day. Let's be friends? Feel free to add me or shoot me a message.

Replies

• micktonk
    Options
    Hi theprancingpeacock I myself have gluten intolerance plus a diary problem also there is certain things I can not eat such as bananas and eggs as I have ibs and suffer with a stomach ulcer
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with ankylosing spond... last March. we can do this
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with celiac last spring. And boy was I pissed! I seriously can't walk by the bakery without grumbling.

I can't add you because I'm on the iPhone app and it's buggy. But please feel free to add me!
  • rhondabennington
    rhondabennington Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I too was just diagnosed with Celiac. And I Am pissed! I've been gf for 3 mos and still feel like crap only now depressed on top of it bc I can't eat what I want. This is so hard.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I remember after I was diagnosed I went down the bread isle and was so pissed when I realized I could never have a Twinkie again. I haven't had a Twinkie in at least ten years. I don't even like Twinkies! But man that didn't stop me from being pissed about it.

It's gotten better as I am slowly learning to replace the breads and baked goods I used to love. I am finding good subs and figuring out what I like. I still slip now and again (like this weekend, damn you yummy yummy Mexican bakery!). But it's getting better.
  • proud2bmee99
    proud2bmee99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm in the same boat I have chronic asthma. Honestly it's kept me from ever actually staying fit. But I've planned out new ways to loose all this weight I gained and control my asthma. I'm not on a gluten free diet but I have cutt out all meat except seafood. It's been 10 days and I'm actually feeling good. I'll be honest I'm not much of a cook but I've ate out recently to get use to this change and I've picked up a few good dishes that r so easy to fix. I feel comfortable with this change and always excited for my next meal it's actually funny.
    I'll be checking in with u stay strong!