Fave Ice Cream treats for an addict ;)

Options

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I keep hoodsies in my freezer for when my craving hits. They're only 100 cals.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    Edy's has a great frozen yogurt!!! A scoop of it is only 90 calories!! I find in the warmer months,
    I have a hard time refusing when we take the kids to the Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins..... so
    I either opt for yogurt, or a kids sized scoop. Also, if you like sundaes..... get strawberry sundaes
    instead of hot fudge, it will save you calories!!! I'm an ice cream addict too, I can't give it up!!

Yummm ahh I will have to try it now! :) thanksss haha my mouth is already watering!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I just found my new favorite for those ice cream cravings......It's Dove 70 calorie minis! Love them. Just enough for when you want to get the ice cream edge off!
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    Another thing I like is to freeze those Trix yogurt with a popsicle stick stuck through the foil lid. Once they are frozen, you just run the cup under some warm water to loosen it and enjoy! Its a really tasty frozen yogurt treat. I have also tried those Yoplait Whips frozen, like I saw on a TV commercial. They are good for ice cream cravings.

I too have noticed that if I keep ice cream in the house, it will get eaten up, so i just don't buy it anymore.

Jessie
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I go to a self serve frozen yogurt place. Low-cal and you get a fair amount of goodies while keeping it light

I do this once in a while! :) I go to YoYumYum Yogurt, or Yogurtland... it's sooo good!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicle bars! You can get fat free or sugar free, but even the regular ones aren't that bad. It's pretty easy to find one for 100 calories (or even half that). Yum!

Also, not ice cream but a frozen treat--Italian ice or frozen sorbet cups. I really like the Philly swirl cups, they are about 80 cals each and come in fun flavors!
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How did you conquer sugar addiction...I seriously need help with this!!!! I want sweets all the time...cake, cookies, ice cream...its so bad!!!!
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    skinny cow
    skinny cow
    skinny cow
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Ha! I read this post to get ideas and now, ... I WANT TO TRY THEM ALL!!

Thank you everyone for the great ideas. I'm going grocery shopping tonight ;)
  • rjdky2000
    rjdky2000 Posts: 1
    Options
    The Skinny Cow Truffle Bars are outstanding!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the frozen yogurt places. They have some that are sugar free. And top it with the fresh fruit. Also LOVE the popping boabas (sp?)
    I also make homemade fruit smoothies when I'm having a craving. Yogurt, frozen fruit and ice. If you want it sweeter add some honey, SOOO GOOD. HTH :)
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I have just discovered Jamba frozen yogurt bars- they range from 70-90 calories and I found them at my local walmart in the frozen treats sections...i'm addicted...i eat one every night about an 1 hr after dinner and i make that my cutoff!! They are soooo delicious and I have tried tons of other diet ice cream products.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I don't eat artificially sweetened or artificially low fat foods any more, learning to work real foods into my daily plan has made a big difference in how I feel and how I feel about the foods I choose.

I love the Dove miniatures when I need an ice cream treat. They are the perfect size to satisfy the craving and low enough in calories that they could be a frequent treat if I desired them more. Also, because I don't eat artificial sweeteners (or sugar for that matter) these treats seem very sweet to me, and I don't want a lot of them. A nice side benefit, no?
  • cicadagirl
    cicadagirl Posts: 51
    Options
    Trader Joe's Fruit Floes. More a popsicle than actual creamy ice cream, but the Caribbean flavor (my fav) is only 80 calories each, and they're sweet, cold and delish! Actual chunks of fruit frozen right in, too.
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    i somewhat enjoy skinny cow ice cream but i prefer something that tastes like what im used to such as the 100 cal low fat fudgesicles, or 100 cal low fat creamsicles the orange and raspberry flavor... they are FAB!
  • maremare312
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I have just discovered Jamba frozen yogurt bars- they range from 70-90 calories and I found them at my local walmart in the frozen treats sections...i'm addicted...i eat one every night about an 1 hr after dinner and i make that my cutoff!! They are soooo delicious and I have tried tons of other diet ice cream products.

Ooh, that sounds good, I'll have to look for those!
  • maremare312
    Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Weight Watchers (Smart Ones) Cookie Dough Sundaes are amazing! Yummy fudge, ice cream, and cookie dough! I get those occasionally for a treat and they are tasty and portion controlled (2 per box)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I stick my greek yogurt in the freezer.... sprinkle a couple all natural dark chocolate chips on top and voila! HEALTHy ice cream with a small chocolate bonus!
  • maremare312
    Options
    If you have an ice cream maker you can make frozen yogurt that tastes more like soft serve (compared to just freezing it, which is also yummy, I just love the soft serve consistency). Here's the recipe I made up last year:
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353684.0

9-14-10007.jpg
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow icecream bars and Healthy Choice fudge bars. You can get boxes of them at Costco for next to way less than regular.

I too am an icecream addict.