• jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's as accurate as your logging is.

Ok thanks!

• aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You would weigh 317.6 pounds. Had a rough weekend to say the least.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Its totally useless, inaccurate and should be removed.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    You would weigh 317.6 pounds. Had a rough weekend to say the least.

Awe... Tomorrows a fresh start!

• jazzy550
    Options
    Its totally useless, inaccurate and should be removed.

Serious? Well that sucks!

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It's pretty dead on with me usually
  • jrshickley
    Options
    I find that little message good. On days that I am on or under, it lets me know if I keep this path I will reach my goal and eventually be at maintaining level. On the days I go over, a little or a lot, it reminds me that everyday matters and that consistency is important.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    Ok! I am going to embrace it! :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you eat the EXACT same calories for 5 weeks straight it might be correct? ?
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If you eat the EXACT same calories for 5 weeks straight it might be correct? ?

Exactly. Which is, of course, precisely what it says. It's unrealistic you would eat exactly 1542 calories a day for 35 days straight with no fluctuation in your activity level. But on the other hand, it does give you an idea based on your long term goals how you did just for that day so you know what changes to make tomorrow.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've started putting the result in my food notes 5 weeks later on the calender, when i get there i'm going to compare (i only thought to do that about a week ago so i don't know yet :D )
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It relies on every day being exactly the same, not just your calories in but out, too. So the mathematical formula might be in the ballpark, but you're very unlikely to do exactly the same thing every single day for 5 weeks.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to it. I do not eat the same every single day or do the same amount of exercise every day. Averages are much more predictive, at least in my case.
  • PMLeigh
    PMLeigh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It relies on every day being exactly the same, not just your calories in but out, too. So the mathematical formula might be in the ballpark, but you're very unlikely to do exactly the same thing every single day for 5 weeks.

I think that it can be a bit more reliable than that, so long as you have entered the right figures.

For example, if it says "... you would weigh 90kgs in 5 weeks" one day, the next day 95kgs and every day ranged between these two weights, I think you should be safe to expect that you should reach at least 95kgs in 5 weeks (the higher of all the figures)
  • jazzy550
    Options
    <3<3 (*) (*) !
    I've started putting the result in my food notes 5 weeks later on the calender, when i get there i'm going to compare (i only thought to do that about a week ago so i don't know yet :D )

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    PMLeigh wrote: »

I think that it can be a bit more reliable than that, so long as you have entered the right figures.

For example, if it says "... you would weigh 90kgs in 5 weeks" one day, the next day 95kgs and every day ranged between these two weights, I think you should be safe to expect that you should reach at least 95kgs in 5 weeks (the higher of all the figures)

But the prediction is for what you would be 5 weeks from that particular day. If you took an average, say, over 7 days, then the 7th time it said "you would weigh 90/95kgs in 5 weeks" then that's then 6 weeks from the first time it said it, so it's first prediction of the week would then be wrong. That's what makes it unreliable. It's a fixed point in time prediction.
  • PMLeigh
    PMLeigh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OK if I said to you. If you save the same every day for the next 5 days you'd have $20, then the next day said to you, if you save the same every day for the next 5 days you'd have $10 and every day you had a figure falling between those two. I guarantee you no matter what you will have saved a minimum of $10. Same principle.