i take my calories as money and today i feel so poor

Options
sbahlezinwe67
sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
My diary gives me only 1200 calories to spend per day and today I have eaten all 600cal for brakefast it makes me panic that im only left with 600 for lunch and supper I feel like I'm in a verge of being bankrupt

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Can you get some exercise in? then you'll have some 'credit' to spend
  • kittiekat1981
    Options
    I agree with Jenni! Best way to even things out :)
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JenIiDaisy wrote: »

Problem is i can't go to gym so if I just run on the field how would I determine how many calories have I burnt ?
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Would be a rough guide and perhaps eat 50% back...
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Problem is i can't go to gym so if I just run on the field how would I determine how many calories have I burnt ?

I think for running a general estimate is 100 calories a mile? but obviously that is just a guess.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Do you have a smartphone? If you do, there are many apps that can track how fast you are moving through GPS and give you roughly the amount of calories you've burned. Take that number and plug it into the "gross" field of this website, Gross to Net Calorie Burn Conversion Calculator:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/net-versus-gross-calorie-burn-conversion-calculator.aspx

Fill the rest of the fields, and see what your "net" calories are. Net calories are the calories you can eat back.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? with nearly 50 pounds to lose you can eat a lot more. Set your goals to something more sustainable (like a pound or even .5pound a week).
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Odds are you could increase your 'budget' by 100-200 calories a day to give yourself more wriggle room - you may lose weight slower, but slow and steady is probably a better way to go anyway than fast and furious! It might make your weight loss more sustainable if you aren't spending most of every day hungry - that will get old really fast.