Do you ever get angry you have to count calories?

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope, its part of life.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't know about angry, but I get annoyed sometimes. But I mean anything can get annoying sometimes, so I don't really sweat it. It's definitely a lot less annoying than doing the dishes, and I've got to hand wash those suckers a few times a day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I get angry about a lot of stuff, but counting calories is not one. I am under no obligation to count calories and I do it because its an expedient way of keeping me on a wellness path I've chosen.
  • texaswindsong
    texaswindsong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YES!! I wish I could just eat what I want when I want. Losing weight is hard and inconvenient work :'(

I don't like the inconvenience but have realized that without it I eat way too much. I can be tired of weighing food OR tired & fat from not doing it.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    No because it's taking me back to eating like I used to when I was slender. I get so proud when I come up with a delicious lower calorie meal and I realize I am not missing out because it tastes better than take out. I like the challenge and stress a lot less about my food intake now.
  • hanzibobs931
    hanzibobs931 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like it. like many others have said it makes me feel in control and I could do it forever. I now find I get stressed if I cant portion in the right way.

I guess some people like structure more.

my boyfriend eats like a pig and wears a 28"jean waist, I don't resent him for being skinny and able to eat what he wants because everyone is different and I am going to be healthier even if I don't loose weight.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    I'm more mad at being fat.
    arditarose wrote: »
    No. I'm happy losing weight is actually more simple and attainable than I ever believed it was.
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    No, I like it. Makes me feel like I'm in control.

^^ All of these

It takes me seconds to weigh what I eat and losing weight has become no big deal. I thought it would be hard but so far its just math. I like eating without wondering if my last bite was too much food. It's freeing and makes me happy. Every time I weigh my food I know I am finally making good progress.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I feel angry, frustrated and impatient from time to time. You are allowed to have whatever feelings and thoughts show up. There's nothing you can do to stop them showing up. All you can do is deal with them once they are already there. You don't have to get rid of them - they will leave in their own good time. As they say - don;t negotiate with terrorists. Don't let them take your behaviour in a bad direction.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    No. Why would it make me angry?

MFP is a tool that I choose to use that help me manage my weight. I don't have to use it. I don't have to log everyday if I choose not to. If I choose not to do it then I live with the consequences.

If logging makes you angry maybe it isn't for you (at least not right now). There are other approaches to losing weight that don't require logging like this - you could make to try one of those, and see if they work for you and leave you feeling less resentful of your attempts to lose weight.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Nope. Not at all. It has become a seamless part of my healthy habit & I embrace my new lease on life! Maintaining 2 yrs this Aug!

Plus being angry seem such a waste of my energies.

I much rather invest my energies positively on what new healthy dupes I can find for my favorites.

Good luck!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    ...and didn't do it to myself.

Then who did?

I had a ruptured brain aneurysm, and then my pituitary failed. No pituitary=very little metabolic activity. I also have four other metabolic diseases.

Not excuses--I've lost weight and kept it off anyhow--but it is a reality that means I have to be very strict, all of the time.

So ... you did then, right?

Sorry 'bout your problems, but metabolic diseases/issues don't put food in your mouth.

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    If I'm on my own, I don't mind; it's meals with other people that are hard. I get jealous of my son, who is a big guy and can just pile his plate with food and not gain a thing. When I prepare a meal at night, I look at the tiny amounts of food on my plate compared to everyone else. I make sure to leave the table as soon as I'm done so I won't be tempted to eat more. Because of my age and size, my allotment is so tiny; all it takes is one bad choice at lunch to reduce me to eating a salad and a 2 ounce portion of meat at night. and a bad choice isn't necessarily a dessert or chips. Sometimes, doing something as unconscious as not checking the calories of the bread I make a sandwich with can put me over.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I used to be angry because I'm not one of those people who can just naturally eat without overeating.

But counting takes up 5 minutes of my week (I log a whole week ahead and just follow the menu) , so I don't think about it that much anymore. It's turned into a habit.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    It definitely can be tedious--especially if you cook from scratch a lot--how many servings? grrrr. But, it works and it puts you in control--worth it in the end.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    No because eating more than you burn has consequences. How can you get angry you have been such a dope and for x period have eaten more than your body needs? Self indulgent pity. Its a bit tedious sometimes, but the faster you get on with it then the faster you will lose the weight, if thats what you want.

I do think it was nice to eat loads of that food in large amounts and I enjoyed it, bit nows the time to just get on with things as Id rather be healthy. If I want more food I wil go and exercise for it.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I think counting calories is a good thing. Stops you being someone who can't figure out why they're losing/gaining weight when they don't intend to. Knowledge is power!
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry, but I do find it annoying. It's helpful in making me not eat though. Sometimes I think about pulling out the scale and weighing everything to make a sandwich and then I lose my motivation to have a sandwich.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Do you get angry about having to brush your teeth? I view it as self care. Why be angry about loving yourself enough to take care of your body? Change the way you view your life and your choices and you will change your life. You aren't "suffering the consequences", you are taking steps to enhance your health and enjoy your life. Best of luck to you.