Replies

• ASigMarai
    ASigMarai Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks
  • mindful2012
    mindful2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep up the weight lifting - it can help change the composition of your body even though the scale may not move. Lifting weights and building muscle helps to create the "after burn" which is when your body burns calories for a time (not sure how long though, there are different thoughts on that) after you have left the gym/completed your work out. Cardio is good and important, but if you are short on time be sure to do the weight lifting. And lift weights that challenge you - you should work hard at the last 1-2 reps in each set but not let your form suffer.
    -
    Keep it up - this is a life long journey....make small changes, just a few at a time and watch your clothing and how it fits....that is likely the first way you'll know things are changing. And for me, it took 3-4 weeks before I really saw the changes take place, not just 1 or 2 weeks.
  • ASigMarai
    ASigMarai Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keep up the weight lifting - it can help change the composition of your body even though the scale may not move. Lifting weights and building muscle helps to create the "after burn" which is when your body burns calories for a time (not sure how long though, there are different thoughts on that) after you have left the gym/completed your work out. Cardio is good and important, but if you are short on time be sure to do the weight lifting. And lift weights that challenge you - you should work hard at the last 1-2 reps in each set but not let your form suffer.
    -
    Keep it up - this is a life long journey....make small changes, just a few at a time and watch your clothing and how it fits....that is likely the first way you'll know things are changing. And for me, it took 3-4 weeks before I really saw the changes take place, not just 1 or 2 weeks.

Thank you very much. You really made me see the positive side in this message.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have changed your eating as well the last two weeks (you only mention the exercise) but when I first started out (with both exercise and diet) I noticed that I felt more bloated, especially in the stomach area. Not sure if it was the diet or the exercise, but shortly after that two week mark it went away.
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I first started weight lifting I gained 3 lbs the first week and was horrified. The second week it went away along with an extra pound.
  • Boldin22
    Options
    Went through the same thing 2 weeks ago... Started boot camp/insanity work out 3 to 4x week gained about 2.5 lbs... Got discouraged but my trainer said don't depend on a scale... Keep doing what ur doing and focus more on the size of ur clothes... Hopefully I'll drop a size by next month
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    When I first start any new workout routines, my scale always jumps up a bit. It's nothing to worry about and it's very normal.
    You need to make sure that your weighing and measuring everything that you consume. It's very important.