Soft Drink/ Pop/ Soda whatever you call it.

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Try to quit it all together. It is a big inhibitor. I gave that up and bread and saw the biggest results!

Can't say it inhibited me at all. Neither did bread, for that matter.

• mkaylaz
    Options
    Try to quit it all together. It is a big inhibitor. I gave that up and bread and saw the biggest results!

I totally agree! I have given up fizzy/soda/soft drink along with bread for almost a month.
    I don't miss it anymore because of how I feel with out it! iv dropped 7.5kg within that month and I credit this to cutting out soda and bread from my intake.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Last time this came up, it got locked down as a big old drama fest where everyone thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong. Bottom line, read the label. If you have no problem with the salt, sugar/sweetener, or whatever else is in your brand of choice, have at it, and if you aren't losing, see how much of it you're drinking and not logging. If you want to stop, for whatever reason, don't let someone bully you into thinking you're doing it wrong if you do.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I cut out sugar that wasn't diet, simply because I was trying to cut out the majority of my liquid calories. If you find it easy to fit liquid calories from soda into your day and you like drinking it, why not?

That being said, I agree with the posters above- diet soda is a marvel.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well, do you like the drinks for the fizz or for the sugar? I discovered that I liked the carbonation, so I drink cans of ice cold flavored seltzer on weekends (no sweeteners). However, I have cut way back on carbonated drinks as I notice that they make me look pregnant when I drink them lol.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I rarely drank them to begin with. I didn't consciously cut them since I started my diet, if I felt like having a soda I would.
  • rachelalexis23
    rachelalexis23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Down here we call it coke. ( it don't matter if it's really sprite, dr. Pepper etc.) Anyway I occasionally drink a coke zero just because I like the fizz and feel kind of like it's a treat. I agree with others if you are working the real stuff in your daily calories, you should be fine. If your one of those people that regularly drinks them though you may want to quit them for a few weeks, you may start to appreciate how many more calories you can eat in real food. I will pick cheese over a coke any day lol.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No. Either switch to diet or work it into your day. I like diet Dr. Pepper myself.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I still have a few sips with dinner most days, that I log. I used to drink 5-6 a day, so yeah - I really did need to get that under control (so I could do stuff like eat ;) )
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've never cut it out or reduced my intake for purposes of weight loss. I drink Diet Coke because that's what I like, and it has neither helped nor hindered me in my weight loss journey. If whatever you're drinking fits into your day, calorie wise, it should not interfere with your weight loss efforts.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in ages. I used to drink it but I don't drink it at all because it is way too sweet. I rarely use it as a mixer. If I want something fizzy then I drink seltzer water.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have a coke once a week when we're eating out and I let myself get one refill, if any. It's a big change from when I would have a 12-oz can every single day at work plus pretty much every time we'd eat out (with MANY refills)! I'm definitely in the camp of not depriving myself of anything completely. If I tell myself I CAN'T have something, all of a sudden it becomes much more desirable for me. If I know I can have a coke (fitting it in to my calorie goal for the day) it doesn't become such a craving.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Water is a soft drink...
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I switched to sparkling water. No calories. No sweeteners. No acid. I still get that carbonation kick though.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I got Coke Zero 4 Lyfe tattooed across my stomach.
  • Jinks35
    Options
    There are no, zero, zilch, nada health risks associated with diet soda. Like I said, I drink coke zero, 0 calories and tastes great. Don't let the doom and gloomers convince you otherwise.

Amen! I drink Coke zero regularly and I'm losing 2lbs a week steadily. 50 lbs down since last summer.

I always get puzzled when people accuse diet soda of increasing cravings. If anything, it fills me up and makes me crave food less. I don't see the problem with diet soda at all.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Jinks35 wrote: »
    There are no, zero, zilch, nada health risks associated with diet soda. Like I said, I drink coke zero, 0 calories and tastes great. Don't let the doom and gloomers convince you otherwise.

Amen! I drink Coke zero regularly and I'm losing 2lbs a week steadily. 50 lbs down since last summer.

I always get puzzled when people accuse diet soda of increasing cravings. If anything, it fills me up and makes me crave food less. I don't see the problem with diet soda at all.

You get puzzled that everyone else isn't exactly like you?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Flavored water fills one up and reduces cravings. lol.
  • shdullack
    shdullack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the Sparkling Ice drinks - usually have a couple a day. I buy them at WalMart. Also, I like the CVS brand - they have a blackberry one that is my favorite. I don't do soft drinks and don't like plain water, so these have been a wonderful alternative for me.