Can you lose weight if you stop eating after 6pm?

Hello!

Im trying to lose 8 pounds in the fastest way possible - I am keeping to 1000 calories a day to get back down to 112 pounds.
-
I do have a big sweet tooth and because I have an office job I tend to eat more throughout the day than at night.

If I eat my calories worth in the day and cut out eating after 6pm will this help me lose weight faster?

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    no.

How tall are you? Why do you want to lose so fast? Are you aware that 1000 calories is far too low?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    No, the timing of your meals has no bearing on weight loss.
    Eating 1000 calories is just a bad idea. You're setting yourself up for failure.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Nope. But you might improve other aspects of your health because it's a form of intermittent fasting. Although most of the studies I've seen are for longer periods, there are people who swear by shorter ones. You should check out the intermittent fasting forum.
  • that's too low, increase it to 1200 minimum or you will put your body into starvation mode and it will hold on to anything you eat. I do the 5:2 intermittent fasting and it works.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    that's too low, increase it to 1200 minimum or you will put your body into starvation mode and it will hold on to anything you eat. I do the 5:2 intermittent fasting and it works.

Starvation mode dose not exist in the way you mean. Your body does not 'hold on' fat in that way.

Eat more to meet your daily nutritional requirements, to lose weight slowly in a healthy manner and to preserve lean body mass.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Hello!

Im trying to lose 8 pounds in the fastest way possible - I am keeping to 1000 calories a day to get back down to 112 pounds.
    -
    I do have a big sweet tooth and because I have an office job I tend to eat more throughout the day than at night.

If I eat my calories worth in the day and cut out eating after 6pm will this help me lose weight faster?

No, not if calories are the same.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Wayyyy too little calories.... 1200 calories should be the minimum!!!