Does anyone have the PACT app?

Options
The reviews on the app store seemed 50/50 varying depending on your operating system, I'm running on android and was considering using this app.

If you have or have used this app, what system are you using? What were the +/- ? Would you recommend it?

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I use it on iOS. The advantage to iOS is that you can use the accelerometer for your pact, meaning that home workouts can count toward your Pact (doing a DVD workout with your phone on your armband or in your pocket).

I track my Runkeeper activities (walking or running) and linked RK and Pact together. So when I've finished a 30+ minute walk or run, it counts toward my Pact for that week.

I've used Pact since it was released, I've made a couple of hundred bucks off of it and I've only lost money once (my own fault). When there's been a mistake, I just contact their customer service department and it gets sorted pretty quick.

Give it a try with like one or two activities a week Pact, if you don't like it, close your account (it's easy to do through the app) and no harm done!
  • tonybrake
    tonybrake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started using it this week on iOS. I agree with the advice on starting with modest goals and then ramping up after you determine what works for your personal situation versus what doesn't. In my case, my gym isn't recognized because it's owned and operated by my employer on its own property. I have to either use the partner apps -- I've had equal (and positive) success with both MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal -- or use the motion tracker which, in limited experience, doesn't quite work as much as i would have hoped. (It's better suited to activities where you're moving constantly, i.e., cardio, as opposed to strength workouts and, even then, doesn't always measure the full duration of your activity, which may be an issue if you have limited time to get your workout in.)

I've also done the food logging (which is why I'm now on this site) and veggie pacts and had no issues with either of those. Initially, I had concerns about the veggie pacts in terms of the turnaround on community voting, but I find that my uploaded photos are approved within a minute or two of posting.

I'd definitely recommend giving the app a look.
  • minervamayhem
    Options
    How did you upload photos to the Veggie pact? The FAQs say I can upload photos or take them with the app but I can't find where to do it at all. D:
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    on Android - to post veggie pics (the pic has to be taken with the app it cant be an existing pic to upload) you tap the little people heads at the bottom left. It brings up everyone else's pictures. To post your own..you then hit the middle button (up arrow) next to the people heads.... then choose the tomato .... then tap to add photo and it lets you take the pic.
  • AbnormalYak
    AbnormalYak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to do it.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    im going to have to check this out never heard of it .the veggie one .
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a week with the MFP logging, but I had to fake my entries because it won't count your day if you net under 1200 calories.
  • BoutThatBass
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I tried it for a week with the MFP logging, but I had to fake my entries because it won't count your day if you net under 1200 calories.

That's not actually true, in my experience - it won't count your day if your total intake is less than 1200 (so, for example, you ate 1159 calories total one day), but it will count if you ate, say 1220 calories but burned 150. It also won't count your day no matter what your intake if you log less than 3 meals.