Boobs!

Options
A question for you well-endowed ladies...I need your help! I need recommendations for good sports bras pleeease! I fear for my life when it comes to jumping jacks. Tia! :D

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Freya, Panache, Moving Comfort, Shock Absorber... Look for a sports bra actually made in your size, and not just one of those stretchy ones with no support meant for teenagers.

Check out herroom.com/sports-bras,bras,1884,001,10.html -- though always best to go get fitted in person and try on a few styles, if you live in a reasonably populated area with decent department stores.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Cheaper than many brands but effective for a size D or lower: Bali sports bra.
  • juliejordan23
    juliejordan23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Underarmour has a great one. It's expensive, but it has a lot of support and comes fitted to your size, as opposed to S, M, L. I can't go back now to cheap ones..you can really tell the difference.
  • segacs
    Options
    Yeah sports bras are really not the place to save money.

Buy cheap workout pants and tops, and spend your money on the bra and the shoes.

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have crappy cheap ones now and nearly get smashed in the head lolol. Thanks for the replies.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36F, I just double up - wear two cheapish ones and it works just fine for me.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like Shock Absorber. Definitely get a fitting if you can - I think out of desperation not to get one too loose which might contribute to saggy-boobage later I recently bought one which may be too tight, and after a 10K event yesterday mine feel bruised almost from being stuffed in! Not nice.
  • segacs
    Options
    Yeah I have crappy cheap ones now and nearly get smashed in the head lolol. Thanks for the replies.

LOL, just laughing at the visuals.
    I'm a 36F, I just double up - wear two cheapish ones and it works just fine for me.

Yeah, I used to do that. Until I got back and hip problems in my early 30s (which, srsly?) and now I splurge on a really good sports bra. I'd never go back.
  • Jolinia
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Buy cheap workout pants and tops, and spend your money on the bra and the shoes.

I agree %100 on the shoes, but my cheap sports bra does the trick at size D and C. Really a matter of trying them on and jumping around like a fool in the dressing room. :)
  • yesimpson
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

I agree %100 on the shoes, but my cheap sports bra does the trick at size D and C. Really a matter of trying them on and jumping around like a fool in the dressing room. :)

You've got to jump up and down in it - it's the only scientific way to tell whether it's got the funbags under control.
  • Jolinia
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »

You've got to jump up and down in it - it's the only scientific way to tell whether it's got the funbags under control.

Haha! Darn right, and if security ever gets called in to find out what the ruckus in the dressing room was about, I'm quoting you on it!
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DD weighing in here... this is actually my go-to bra (because I refuse to spend a ton of money): http://www.walmart.com/ip/35260829?productRedirect=true
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can save around £10 for Shock Absorbers on eBay. I've just bought another for £20.00 with tags etc. Seem fine to be and I fit an F cup
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

LOL, just laughing at the visuals.

Yeah, I used to do that. Until I got back and hip problems in my early 30s (which, srsly?) and now I splurge on a really good sports bra. I'd never go back.

I'm 35, no back problems here. The problem for me with splurging on a good bra right now is that I'm not done losing weight. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that won't fit me in another month or two. So I'm making do until I get to the point where I'm happy and then I'll get a nice one for my exercises.
  • segacs
    Options
    I'm 35, no back problems here. The problem for me with splurging on a good bra right now is that I'm not done losing weight. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that won't fit me in another month or two. So I'm making do until I get to the point where I'm happy and then I'll get a nice one for my exercises.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm in the same position with my bras (regular and sport) right now. They're all too big on me, but I want to get closer to my goal weight before I buy new ones so I'm just wearing them too big for a while, on the tightest hook instead of the loosest. Not great, but better than wasting lots of money.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34 K. I swear my Enell could stop bullets. It flattens you like a pancake and putting it on is a feat of engineering and involves some unseemly maneuvering, but... those puppies aren't going anywhere once you're in it.
  • TOBEADIME
    TOBEADIME Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy the cheapie ones too, however I buy them as small as I can squeeze my D's into, sometimes I get stuck in them in the change room at the gym :/ (laughs at self) but I find they hold tighter than the more expensive ones. Sometimes I double up when I know I'm doing a class with a lot of jumping. Since I go to the gym everyday I can't justify buying 7 expensive ones and I don't want to do laundry every night. Everyone is different, this is just what works best for me
  • TOBEADIME
    TOBEADIME Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After thought: I'm also losing weight and unfortunaly I've lost a lot of boob, I'd be super upset if I wasted a lot of money on expensive bras that no longer fit me
  • yesimpson
    Options
    I wear a 34 K. I swear my Enell could stop bullets. It flattens you like a pancake and putting it on is a feat of engineering and involves some unseemly maneuvering, but... those puppies aren't going anywhere once you're in it.

My favourite bra has 4 sets of clasps. It feels reassuring just strapping myself in.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I wear 32 FF shock absorber and it really does the trick! Never thought I'd be able to enjoy running until I tried it. Now if only they'd make one to stop my bum and thighs bouncing about too!