Spaghetti Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• carabelle207
    carabelle207 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love to make spaghetti squash with olive oil, sundried tomatoes, & fresh basil. Simple but yummy.
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It may take you a while to get used to it, but after you find a couple good recipes you will be hooked. Yes it does take a little more time than just boiling some pasta, but you will be saving yourself from all the extra calories. Great recipe recommendations here everyone.
  • MKSamra
    MKSamra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Beefydog
    Beefydog Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is my favorite! Made it last night and my kids loved it too!!
    Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
    http://littlebitsof.com/2014/10/spaghetti-squash-chow-mein/kut0wyipr5kt.jpg
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beefydog, I haven't seen that one! YUM!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    OMG, Beefydog, now you are speaking my language. Can't wait to try it - of course I had Spaghetti Squash last night. I think if I did it two nights in a row we'd have a riot...LOL
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't like it as a spaghetti substitute with regular sauce, but I love it with some salsa or at least a spicy pepper filled tomato sauce or some chili on it. Yum.

That sounds really good. I never thought to use chilli. Thanks for the idea! :)
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I loathe cutting spaghetti squash in half while raw, I'm always afraid my knife will slip! Instead, I use a fork to poke little holes all over the squash (like you would do with a potato), stick it in a baking dish with water to cover the bottom, and microwave the whole thing. Takes 8-10 minutes depending on size, turn squash over halfway through. When done, let it cool a bit, cut in half, scoop out seeds/middle, and use a fork to "rake" through the squash to create spaghetti strands.

I prefer the traditional method of using this squash as a spaghetti substitute although I've also added leftovers to soups.

Chow Mein recipe looks awesome!