Help! SCHOOL DANCE!

Options
Hey everyone! This Saturday is my school dance. I want to lose 3-5lbs before the dance though! Do you have any tips (For how to lose the weight fast/look amazing)! My two recent ex-boyfriends are going to be there and I want them to so me and be like "wow." Please HELP! :#

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds in 5 days? Have you considered cutting off a limb?
  • ellamushere
    ellamushere Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lol @randomtai thats not my first choice
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    hXGtYfh.gif

I'm going to guess you don't have a lot to lose anyhow, so 3-5 pounds is just not going to happen. I mean sure maybe you could drop some water weight, but it's not going to be some magical transformation to super hot bikini model in 6 days. Realistic goals are much better for your emotional well being
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    From your profile, you're 5'7"? I'm a similar height and I can say from experience that 3-5 pounds won't make a big difference visually. Choose a dress that you look great in and feel great in and skip the fast weight loss.
  • ellamushere
    Options
    I have a dress that I really like! and I think I look okay in it, but I wish my arms and legs were a little thinner
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Spanx
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Honey, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Any 3 to 5 pounds that you could lose would simply be water weight and no, your arms and legs won't be any smaller. I'd consider looking into a dress that flatters you and is cut for your height and shape. BUT, there's no time like the present to start eating well and exercising regularly. Besides, being okay with yourself and having confidence in yourself is way more sexy and beautiful than 3- 5 pounds. That confidence will make your ex's eat their hearts out.
  • ellamushere
    Options
    <3 Thanks
  • ellamushere
    Options
    @lifting4Liz I just bought some new spanx :D
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Oh geez.

Even if you could lose 3-5 pounds within your timeline, there's no guarantee your arms and legs would be the parts that got thinner. That's not the way weight loss works.

So many things wrong with this post.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I really like! and I think I look okay in it, but I wish my arms and legs were a little thinner

That's not going to happen in 5 days, even if you did manage to lose 3-5lbs.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Stuff your bra. It will make the rest of you look thinner.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Where is it? I will go with you.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Spanx

Yes....I love spanx! Legs and arms are likely not going show a difference since I have found with myself I didn't see a difference in that area with weight loss but rather a combo of months of weight training and tracking food.

Have fun at your dance and wear a super cute outfit.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    The only way your going to get thinner arms and legs is if you start doing leg & arm exercises to tone them up. That certinaly is not going to happen in the next week. You should have done better planning. If you start now, maybe you can tone up before prom.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just lol, sorry but you are being ridiculous. Presumably you knew about the dance weeks ago and have left it to the last moment. There isnt a safe way of losing that amount of weight in the time frame given, so go with the spanx.
  • karatemomtx
    karatemomtx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds will not show in the areas you want it to in that short of time and like many said before, it will be mostly water. What would WOW your exes more is if you walked in with confidence and with the goal to have a BLAST!!! Confidence and fun will win every time!!! Go have fun!
  • ellamushere
    Options
    Thanks @karatemomtx :D<3
  • karatemomtx
    karatemomtx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a great time:)