growing a bootay!

Options
What kind of workout should i do to grow a butt?? i have been squatting forever! and my butt seems to be the same! what am i doing wrong?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you squat with?
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Genetics.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating in bulk so some of the muscle gains and fat gains go to your butt.

Try that with praying. That kind of all you can do. Also those girls you see with the squat butts. What they do not tell you is how much work that takes.

Also there are other exercises that give more benefits to the glutes. Hip thrust is a good booty feeling exercise. Also you been squatting forever. Do you feel squats in your butt because I know I do not.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Look into a program like strong curves...but really, a lot of that is genetics. Doing programs like strong curves along with proper diet can help you shape and sculpt things a bit, but you're not going to go from flat butt to J-Lo butt or anything like that.
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    GROW a butt?!?! lol
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Look into a program like strong curves...but really, a lot of that is genetics. Doing programs like strong curves along with proper diet can help you shape and sculpt things a bit, but you're not going to go from flat butt to J-Lo butt or anything like that.

This, check out Bret Contreras', "the glute guy", website. Hip thrusts will be your go to exercise.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you're butt is as flat as a pancake you're not going to turn it into a bubble. I lay on the floor and raise my hips using my butt muscles, that really helps with toning, but beyond that it's down to genetics.
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yup that's the basic movement, but you need to load it up with a bar bell. The glutes are your biggest muscle, you can shift some serious weight with them. Average female should be repping 225 pounds in a couple months.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    mike_bold wrote: »
    yup that's the basic movement, but you need to load it up with a bar bell. The glutes are your biggest muscle, you can shift some serious weight with them. Average female should be repping 225 pounds in a couple months.

hmm you sure the glutes is supposed to be bigger than the quad?

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I am a quad dominant squatter and I have had better luck in terms of enhancing glute looks/power with barbell hip thrusts and some accessory lifts like cable abduction, back extensions, and heavy kettle bell swings. Google Strong Curves (Bret Contreras) and check out the exercises he has listed.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves by Brett Contreras. I could see the difference by the 5th week. Get the book, it explain everything really well and there are lots different programs, pick one that works for you the best and stick with it.

No you will not have J-Lo butt but it will improve the shape. Good luck!
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Go heavy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Guess I'm below average.
  • strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

lol @ the last line...

300y6aa.jpg

source: http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/SquatStandards.html
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    strong_er wrote: »

lol @ the last line...

300y6aa.jpg

I think he meant repping 225# hip thrusts...but still. No.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    strong_er wrote: »

lol @ the last line...

300y6aa.jpg

I think he meant repping 225# hip thrusts...but still. No.

Okay, because I was already feeling blue about my crappy 170 last week.

My hip thrusts are super light. Just started three weeks ago.