Any other mommys-to-be out there?

Options
Hello, I am currently 7 mo pregnant and have been tracking my food intake throughout my entire pregnancy. This number of calories that I use is based on the calculations I used before pregnancy for my activity level and just gradually increased the calorie intake every couple months since I became pregnant. Some days I eat more and some days its less but the important part is that if you have your ratios of protein to carbs to fats in your food log to just make sure by the end of the day youre still on track. don't worry about the calories as much because some days youre going to be hungrier and other days not so much. If anyone needs help with these guidelines I am happy to help. So far through my pregnancy I have gained 12 lb and most of that Is a combination of the baby's weight, my increase in blood volume, amniotic fluid etc.. I am at the lower end of the weight gain spectrum and am still following my workout routine. It CAN be done!

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I am also pregnant, 14 weeks. I've gained 0 pounds so far. Here's a great group to join with lots of good information: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good work. My husband and I are actively trying for a baby :) but no luck yet. I love reading about healthy(and active) pregnancy's and hoping when the time comes for me I will continue to log and exercise daily. Thanks for the insight!
  • abbylmoeller
    abbylmoeller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are also trying to conceive :) I'm nervous about going back to the "I'm pregnant, so I can eat as much as I want" mentality that I had with my previous pregnancies. I would love any advice for staying fit through pregnancy!
  • AlexaDove
    Options
    Thanks girls! Last year this time I was prepping for a figure competition here in California that I placed 4th out of 9 girls in my class. It was my first show. So this is quite the change from last year! It's all so new to me so all of the support is really great. My ultimate goal is to eventually get back to that. If you have any insight or questions about how I'm doing it let me know!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Also pregnant! Five months along with my daughter and i have a four year old son :)
  • AlexaDove
    Options
    My husband and I are also trying to conceive :) I'm nervous about going back to the "I'm pregnant, so I can eat as much as I want" mentality that I had with my previous pregnancies. I would love any advice for staying fit through pregnancy!

well, just as a baseline whatever amount of calories you are choosing to eat, what are the ratios that you have decided to go with as far as fat, protein, and carbs? its always important to have a well balanced diet and stick to it and only change one factor at a time to see what works best for you.
    Before I decided to compete in figure I was doing whatever I could to stay away from carbs and I was eating way too much fat and protein for my body weight. I decided to do some research at the time on what ratios were good for cutting fat because that was my goal at the time... Turned out that I was needing to eat more carbs which scared me at first. But I decided to go ahead and try and I adjusted my ratios on this food log to 50% carbs, 30%protein and 20% fat. After a while I started to see great changes and I realized that my body was in that deprivation mode and holding onto fat for energy because I wasn't feeding myself adequate amount of carbs.

In conclusion, I stuck to those ratios for a year and when I found out I was pregnant I decided to tweak it just a little bit to accommodate for my growing baby and dropped my carbs just a little bit and upped my fat intake slightly for a more balanced approach. as of now my ratios are 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. I feel awesome! OF course everyone is different but maybe I can help you find what works best for you.
  • run_abeo
    run_abeo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a few weeks' pregnant, and I'd love some friends for support! I haven't done this before, so I'm completely clueless about everything (including nutrition).