Do you ever get angry you have to count calories?

Options

Replies

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I get mad. It's something I have to do to get healthier. I think even when I hit my goal, I will still count calories and measure food. I don't ever want to go back to my old weight. I still have a lot of work to go.

My coworker constantly comments about me logging food and measuring stuff out. It works for me and I actually like seeing what I eat and the actual nutrition information. It amazes me to see what I used to eat and how many calories and fat it really had!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes :s
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It especially annoys me when I want some icecream or whatever and I can't have it cos I've already hit my calorie goal.
    Gone are the days of eating whatever I wanted and not gain weight :disappointed:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I was thinking today that when we follow a recipe to make something properly, we don't resent or feel weird about weighing ingredients out.

But when it comes to 'making' (maintaining) this amazing miracle called a human body we are quite prepared to throw anything down our throats. Even when we know exactly how to run it perfectly. It's quite bizarre how brainwashed we are to just consume everything in our path to feed big business and satisfy our monkey brain.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No. As someone who has always liked the sciences and maths, I like using my scale and I like converting from ounces to grams and such. I just don't like how long it takes to log food, especially if your diet doesn't have staple foods.
  • vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I get it. I have had success doing the measuring and weighing and working out. 32 lbs lost at this point, 8 more to go until GW. But I have those days when I am like, "But do I have to eat like this forever?!" It's my inner fat girl. She loves food. It was easier to just eat whenever I wanted, whenever I wanted. But I didn't like how I looked and felt. So that is why I made a change. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do all the work, but it is paying off and I want to maintain my success. It's taken me 10 months so far to lose this much weight, but that is because I practice moderation. I allow myself cheat meals or take a day off from working out. I am not fasting or eating only shakes. I know I won't maintain a ridiculous diet long-term, so why do it to lose weight? I am practicing and learning how I want to live the REST of my life.

I think it sucks that people are shaming you a little bit about venting. Most people have probably had the same fleeting thoughts that you are having. It's normal, it's life. And you are learning a new way to live a new, healthier life. Some days are easier than others. Keep truckin' on!
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not mad. I also don't have to. I want to. Though sometimes I get a teeny jealous when I see a family member eat something. It's annoying having to cook all my meals separately because of weighing and measuring, but it will be worth it. It is worth it.
  • herot80
    herot80 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. I am trying to get even stronger and better looking than I am now so, I choose to count calories and work out. I want money so I go to work. I have complete control over my decisions. I do get mad that I will die someday but I am working hard to try to live forever! :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry but given the choice I would rather not! I enjoyed it when I first started here but now I find it to be tedious.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!! It's part my daily routine. :D
  • christiec2015
    Options
    I like measuring because it means I get a more accurate calorie recording, but when I'm really hungry and I have to weigh my food before eating it, it does frustrate me. Also, sometimes my piping hot food turns warm/lukewarm :(
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My husband gets really annoyed with me doing it! He just doesn't get it, so I have to sneak around to track. lol I do find it a hassle, but I agree that in the end it's so worth it. I think I used to get more annoyed by it, but now it helps me feel more in control. You'll get there! :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I DON'T deserve it and didn't do it to myself. I've never been a fast food or junk food eater. I've had a lifetime of pretty clean eating. I've never had a twinkie, a poptart or a hamburger--EVER. I managed to lose my first 55 pounds just by eating mindfully and adding exercise back into my life after a long illness.

If I want to be thinner and healthier, though, tracking is just something I have to do. I've made peace with it.

What does make me super angry is when strangers judge me by how I look and decide that I must be lazy and/or out of shape. I am in extremely good shape, eat great and exercise nearly every day--I still carry a bit of fat due to very serious health issues, but I can outdo just about anyone at just about anything except running--including people half my age and size. Woe to the next person at the gym who tries to show me how the weights work!
    So who's fault is it??

YOU!!!!!!!!! Nobody else unless they put gun to your head and said eat it!! JS
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing it. Sometimes it can be a pain in the rearend but I love being able to see what I ate, how much I ate...etc. It's something you get used to.

I do get irritated that I let myself gain the weight in the first place but I have really come to terms with where I was, where I am, and where I'm going. All calculating calories included.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am boring and eat basically the same things every day. It is annoying sometimes to log new stuff but meh at least I have an idea of where I am at.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    At first it irritated me, but now I find I get antsy if I start eating a meal before I log it. I have become addicted to the data.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why anyone would continue to do something that made them angry
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I was more angry with myself for letting my weight and health get so out of control. I find logging my food and exercise to be educating for me. I found a better understand of portions, nutrients in foods and calorie burning. I just see it as part of my daily routine like brushing my teeth.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't mind logging.

I do miss eating whatever I wanted without thought to the calories. Those days are long gone.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i get irate and mad most of the time. mostly because i let myself get like this and didnt bother to exercise when i was younger or watch what i ate. nasty spiral of destruction. i like counting when dieting like at the moment but i will now have to count to maintain... its a little bit annoying